Graybeard Outdoors banner

45 Encore Loads?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Billyboy 
#1 ·
A friend of mine just bought a .45 Encore. Can you guys who own a .45 give me some accuracy loads? Bullet weights and powder and the brands. Thanks, Mike

#2 ·
.45 Encore

Mike, would this be a .45 caliber muzzleloader..or maybe a .45 Colt or a .45 ACP..or maybe even a 45.70 or 45 Schofield? Probably not the last one, alittle more info will go a long way.... :grin:

#4 ·
45 muzzleloader

Mike,
All the help I could give is not much..We have but one .45 muzzleloader in the house..and its a Cherokee by T/C. Its my wife's deer rifle. The pet load for it is 70 Grains with .357 cal. XTP's in Hornady sabots...but you could check out Hodgdon's site..they have quite a few recipes for the .45 on there..www.pyrodex.com/data/granular/index.htm...this one is for the granular form..there is one for the pellet powder also..
hope this helps :grin:

#6 ·
Hi Mike,
I found that the 180gr .40 XTP from T/C and the 200gr .40 XTP from Hornady shoot really well in my 45 with 120gr 777. The Hornady 200XTP took 2 deer this year and was absolutely devastating. No complaints. Many people like the lighter bullets for the higher velocities, but the heavier 180 & 200 have better ballistics and great penetration. From all of the threads I have read over the last 6 months, it seems to me that the majority of 45 shooters get much better accuracy with loose powder thatn with the pellets. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.