Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get rid of a handful of firearms including two Glocks, models 37 and 38. (Not a scratch on either - might be unfired) One gun shop offered $500 for the pair, advising that no one wants a Glock in 45 GAP. So I took them to another shop where they will be sitting until September 1 - asking $425 each. I also have a thousand rounds of 45 GAP that I intend to unload for the lucky buyer at 50 cents/round; about 800 rounds range ammo and 200 rounds premium defense.

This is not in classified because it is not an offer to sell anything. Instead I write to gauge the feeling people have about 45 GAP. Is the scarcity and price of ammo the only thing, or is there some problem I'm not aware of?

·
Administrator
26,058 Posts
Performance is not quite up to acp standards and ammo is both hard to get and more expensive. The price you are asking is on the upper end of use Glock pricing from what I've seen. While I wish you luck I don't think you will sell either gun or the ammo at those prices.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Point well taken. Looks like I'll unload them at the shop that offered $500 for the pair. Thanks for the help in deciding

·
Administrator
26,058 Posts
Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings. I think that's about what I got out of my last two Glocks I let go of. I just decided I really didn't like Glocks and both were G22s in .40 S&W. For some reason these days the .40 seems to have lost its appeal to folks since the FBI went back to the 9mm.

At least I didn't have ammo to need to dump also as I have other .40s besides the Glocks I sold off. Heck I still have 10 brand new mags for the G22s I left up for sale and finally put almost give away prices on them and still couldn't find a buyer.

·
22,357 Posts
Wish I lived local. Id have gave your the 500. Add in the shipping and money for a dealer transfer on two guns and it makes them to expensive. The gap was toted as the answer to all our problems when if first came out. Still is a very vialble self defense round. Biggest problems to me is I already load 45s and have tons of ammo and don't need another round or gap ammo laying around that might get grabbed by accident and brass is hard to find and not cheap when you find it. But if a guy bought one of those for 250 and bought 5 boxes of ammo hed have a real good bed stand/carry gun. Me? Ill buy about any glock that's under 300 bucks. That's a lot of handgun for very little money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts