Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you shoot a 45 long colt in the 454 barrel, with out problems?

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
I have not seen anything in writing warning agents it from T/C. The only place I saw not to use 45LC in a 454 Casull champer was Freedom Arms. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Redhawk1 said:
I have not seen anything in writing warning agents it from T/C. The only place I saw not to use 45LC in a 454 Casull champer was Freedom Arms. :D
That was why I had to ask. Anyone using the 454 barrel? How is the accuracy? Its got to be better than using a 410 barrel.

Do you think the 454 barrel would hold up to a 460 S&W?

·
Registered
501 Posts
two slow said:
I shouldn't think you could close the action on a 460 S&W round in a 454 barrel - it's case is a whopping 0.410" longer :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EdK said:
two slow said:
I shouldn't think you could close the action on a 460 S&W round in a 454 barrel - it's case is a whopping 0.410" longer :D
I meant rechambering it.

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
two slow said:
EdK said:
two slow said:
I meant rechambering it.
I think, but I am not 100% positive, SSK has rechambered the 454 Casull. Give them a call, I have read some have been done, but I an not really sure who did the work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ssk re-chamber

I had a 454 re-chambered to the 460 by ssk. They did a great job. I am having a great time with it. Have had no problems at all. Learning to shoot a heavy recoiling pistol at 100yards has been an adventure. Im not sure how big the groups should be, but it is much more challenging than shooting the rifles!

chris

·
Registered
38 Posts
two slow said:
Can you shoot a 45 long colt in the 454 barrel, with out problems?
45lc in a 454 barrel is a go only if you remember to get barrel squeaky clean after shooting. 454 brass loaded to mimic 45lc is the way i shoot it less jump to lands.

jaw :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts