Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
I see being "outraged" over the county clerk, yet votin for the LOTE scoundrels as what the article is describing of many folks, including some here. I won't support a "liar and theif candidate", just because he's "closer" to my morals than the other "liar and thief candidate", and I get criticized by the "clerk defenders" who "will support" the LOTES.
That's why I refer to them as "double sided conservatives". Their not really conservatives at all.

·
Registered
661 Posts
TeamNelson said:
http://thefederalist.com/2015/09/08/5-most-cringeworthy-problems-with-buzzfeeds-viral-im-christian-but-im-not-video/

The christianity of too many millennials is built around proving what type of Christian we are not. This is not edifying.

Very thought provoking article.
The Pharisee held to and knew the laws and traditions of scripture and the times, that was their religion. They needed to know the law giver, however, missed the mark.

Today, it seems that these people come up with a man made doctrine with something like "God is Love" without knowing the laws and traditions of scripture or the law giver, 'then' go to church?, and force, inject, insert, etc. it into scripture.
Twisting scripture to agree with flesh and claiming intellectual superiority (not holding a candle to ancient Greeks). Wanting God but denying His power they find a hireling to take them in.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dee said:
I see being "outraged" over the county clerk, yet votin for the LOTE scoundrels as what the article is describing of many folks, including some here. I won't support a "liar and theif candidate", just because he's "closer" to my morals than the other "liar and thief candidate", and I get criticized by the "clerk defenders" who "will support" the LOTES.
That's why I refer to them as "double sided conservatives". Their not really conservatives at all.

I was thinking something similar today Dee ... if you applaud Kim Davis' moral stand against violating her conscience, why on earth would you ridicule someone for refusing to violate their conscience in the poll booth? Why would you encourage them to violate their conscience in fear, if you would tell Kim Davis "be not afraid!" Its inconsistent, and inconsistent Christianity is the model practiced in front of the millennials by their parents and grandparents.

So its no wonder that millennials don't know how to define Christianity without making it subjective, using negative terms - "I'm Christian, but I'm not ..." They don't know how to approach Christianity objectively, separate it from culture and politics, and sadly in another article I read Bernie Sanders is going to speak at Liberty, and there are young Christian students at Liberty that believe Sanders is the most "Christian" of all the candidates. We open the door for that line of thinking when we make Christianity a political movement.

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
Yes! God tells us to be "a preculiar people", separating ourselves from the world, and that has been my stance for a while. I'm a sinner saved by Grace, but I still sin. As Christians we too long have supported the driggs of political candidates out of fear of a worse candidate, and now, here we are. Our country is "**** bound on a bobsled", because we collectively, have taken the "easy way out". Even in our churches.
Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson said it best when he was Invited to speak to the RNC. ONCE! I doubt he'll be invited again after telling them: If your not right with God. Your not right for this country.
Words to vote by, in my opinion. And words to live by. I'm still tryin to get that part of the issue right.

·
Registered
42,140 Posts
So its no wonder that millennials don't know how to define Christianity without making it subjective, using negative terms - "I'm Christian, but I'm not ..." They don't know how to approach Christianity objectively, separate it from culture and politics, and sadly in another article I read Bernie Sanders is going to speak at Liberty, and there are young Christian students at Liberty that believe Sanders is the most "Christian" of all the candidates. We open the door for that line of thinking when we make Christianity a political movement.

If bernie sanders was a Christian he would not be a member of the party of death and perversion, a democrat. They voted to keep God OUT of their platform 3 X , they support and promote butchering babies and pervert marriage. Doesn't matter what they SAY they support, by being a party member they too are guilty of these sins. POWDERMAN. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
powderman said:
If bernie sanders was a Christian he would not be a member of the party of death and perversion, a democrat. They voted to keep God PUT of their platform 3 X , they support and promote butchering babies and pervert marriage. Doesn't matter what they SAY they support, by being a party member they too are guilty of these sins. POWDERMAN. :eek: :eek:

What'd you think of the original article, and the "I'm Christian, but I'm not ..." campaign it discussed?

I looked into the integrity of the RNC, and found many of them to be no different than the DNC. I think its the responsibility of the Christian not to put God's name on anyone, or anything, that goes against God's will, and a vote by a Christian is perceived by the world as God's endorsement; there is no close enough, there is only right. Its a sober responsibility to be sure, and not one to be taken lightly as the forefathers discussed it. We are warned as Christians not to put our faith and trust in any of mans institutions or ideas, and the way this country is going, there will be little left for us to participate in that isn't tainted by the corruption of pride, lust, or envy.

·
Registered
42,140 Posts
TN. Aside from personal beliefs I simply meant that the Republican party does not approve of and promote butchering babies and pervert marriage like the dems do, it's part of their platform. I could never vote for anybody that supports that party. Both are abominations in God's eyes. We as a nation will pay dearly for allowing these things to go on. POWDERMAN. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Here's an interesting look at how Christianity doesn't have anything to do with any certain political party. http://www.james-dave.com/conservlib1.html

Sure you can denounce one party as unGodly. But that doesn't mean the other party's ways are devine in nature.

·
Registered
18,405 Posts
There is not anyway that you can compare anything in this world as parallel to heaven.
God said it is My way or the highway.
One man said politics is an honorable profession---I said that the flaw in the statement is that humans are politicians.
Man is flawed--through and through.
Man is so flawed that he actually can control God and God will obey.
We do not come to God---God comes to us.
Man has no moral standing that will cause God to say--"well, in your case I will make an exception and honor you with salvation because you are an honorable person."
Paul took a stance--as did Polycarp and many others--and died to the world.
Blessings

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
TN POSTED.

They don't know how to approach Christianity objectively, separate it from culture and politics, and sadly in another article I read Bernie Sanders is going to speak at Liberty, and there are young Christian students at Liberty that believe Sanders is the most "Christian" of all the candidates. We open the door for that line of thinking when we make Christianity a political movement.

Is it fair to say that fundamentalism, revivalism, evangelicalism, the moral majority, etc., are to thank for the skewed view of Christisnity? Collectively, the western Church has focused on externals because of moralistic preaching which empowers the hearer rather than showing the hearer that he is powerless and needs Grace.
As a result the vacuum of truth is filled with piety, philanthropy, tolerance as a religion, political affiliations and so on. Therapeutic moralistic deism at its finest.

Do our "Christian" politicians reflect this same form of Christianity?

lc

·
Registered
42,140 Posts
TeamNelson said:
littlecanoe said:

Beware the man who trips over himself to tell you how Christian he is, particularly when he wants your vote.

Bill clinton carried a Bible around a lot and said, the Bible says, and he would rattle off some gibberish that was NOT in the Bible, but it got him a lot of votes from folks who didn't know the Bible either. POWDERMAN. :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
TeamNelson said:
littlecanoe said:

Beware the man who trips over himself to tell you how Christian he is, particularly when he wants your vote.

Donald Trump LOOOOVVVVVESSS the Bible. He keeps all the Bible's sent to him In a "special place".
Two questions come to mind every time he makes the statement. Why are people sending him Bible's, and where is that "special place"? Could he be?

·
Registered
18,405 Posts
They don't know how to approach Christianity objectively, separate it from culture and politics, and sadly in another article I read Bernie Sanders is going to speak at Liberty, and there are young Christian students at Liberty that believe Sanders is the most "Christian" of all the candidates. We open the door for that line of thinking when we make Christianity a political movement.

Is it fair to say that fundamentalism, revivalism, evangelicalism, the moral majority, etc., are to thank for the skewed view of Christisnity? Collectively, the western Church has focused on externals because of moralistic preaching which empowers the hearer rather than showing the hearer that he is powerless and needs Grace.
As a result the vacuum of truth is filled with piety, philanthropy, tolerance as a religion, political affiliations and so on. Therapeutic moralistic deism at its finest.

lc

Careful there LC---some will say you are lowering yourownself to my level.
Blessings

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Well WL,

The shine is off the shoes and the toes are sticking through the holes.
It's time that believers start being critical about all that passes as true faith.

Evangelicalism is a false gospel.

Fundamentalism is a false gospel.

Word of Faith is a false gospel.

Revivalism is a false gospel.

Legalism in any form, liberal or conservative, is a false gospel.

The list goes on but that's a start, eh?

lc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.