Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
You can, BUT.....
SASS requires you have the hammer down on an empty cylinder, so you could only load 4 rounds and have to eject one and reload under the clock.
All that said, you would probably get a few style points for it :grin:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Now, if you don't mind giving me the low down on stainless guns...What's the general consensus...See many at shoots...Are they looked down upon?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Yeah, Wat he said!

With one notable exception....the NEW Kirst Safety Cylinder has been approved for use when loaded with five rounds. (See the February issue of the Chronical) However it still has a draw back in stages that have a required one round reload on the clock because you will have to fire at least one round, then stop and reload. With a "six shooter" you can draw the weapon, pull to half cock, turn the cylinder by hand enough to stuff in the required one round reload, and commence ta shootin.

With the Krst Safety Cylinder you would have draw, fire one round, empty and reload one chamber, and then commence again!

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
stainless

See a lot of Stainless Rugers at cowboy shoots, and, hard to tell the difference, nickeled guns as well. Many, if not most civilian black powder era cartridge guns were nickel plated, particularly S&W and Remington, as they were more resistant to rust from fouling, and easier to clean.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Woodchuk said
Are they looked down upon?
Well, when I'm at shoots, every time I look down I see two stainless RVs with stag grips in my holsters, and I think they look down right good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts