Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI,
Stopped by my dealer on Sat. to pick up a Rem. 870 on layaway,
and was informed that my pair of .500 handis have arrived.
$219.00 ea. I will pick them up by weeks end. now for brass,
dies, bullets, etc.

Regaerd,
wrongpaw

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think you will be the first here on the board that has the 500 S&W. Don't forget to give us a range report on it when you get a chance.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Varminter said:
I think you will be the first here on the board that has the 500 S&W. Don't forget to give us a range report on it when you get a chance.

+1 i would really like to hear it

·
Registered
922 Posts
I just called CS to ask about a stock set and i happened to think of this post. So i asked about the 500 S&W. They told me it wouldn't be available for another month or so................ :? ..........................i wish everyone there was on the same page.

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
Drew, did ya ask em about an accessory barrel or the complete rifle? Accessory barrels usually are released after the rifles hit the shelves if both are going to be available.....not always, though. Seems to me Mark A got his 204 ruger accessory barrel before anyone got a rifle, but that could have been just timing. :?

Tim

·
Registered
922 Posts
I ask about the 7.62x39 and the 500 S&W accessory barrels. She(don't know her name) said that the 7.62x39 was available and cost $82 and the 500 S&W wouldn't be available for another month of so...........

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
Well, FWIW...Sports South doesn't show em in stock...but obviously some rifles have been shipped or Wrongpaw wouldn't have posted his good news.

Tim

·
Registered
922 Posts
I don't doubt that some complete rifles have been shipped. I just ask about the accessory barrel. Just remeber to give us a range report on the 500s when you get the chance.

I don't really want one but that barrel presents some good possibilites for a rechamber.

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
Varminter said:
I don't really want one but that barrel presents some good possibilites for a rechamber.
Like for instance? :)

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
Just keep in mind that the .500 S&W shoots .500" bullets, and the others are .511", you'd be limited to shooting the .500" bullets if you wanted any accuracy at all.

Tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts