Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,614 Posts
WELCOME

Choose a quality scope and quality mount. Mount it properly and you will not have any problems.

Personally I cannot "afford" less quality than what I find with Leupold products.

CW

·
Premium Member
9,530 Posts
I like Leupolds and have faith that they will stand up better then other scopes. But I have used an old El Paso 2.5 Weaver for many years on all kinds of rifles, including my 45-120, without complaint.

'scopes is like wimmins, they's a bunch out there, good and bad, so you just pick out one you like and takes you chances! ;D Hi-ebber, and day always be a hi-ebber, if you picks out one you meet in the red light district, chances are it ain't gonna be as reliable as one you meet at prayer meetin'! ;) That may not always be true, I'm jus sayin...

·
Premium Member
9,530 Posts
Oops! Forgot. :-[

Welcome! ;D Glad to see ya! ;)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Perhaps you are somewhat in my situation. I CAN "afford" less than Leupold. Way less. If you can afford factory ammo, you can afford Leupold, a Range Rover, and a gun bearer. I went with a Simmons Pro Diamond Master series 4X fixed power shotgun scope. Works great, extremely clear optics, good focus adjustment. It fits perfect on the standard Weaver mount and is very light compared to the Variable power scopes so puts less stress on the rings and mounts during recoil. Regardless of the mount there are only the same 3 screws holding it on. I believe that I bought my Scope, mount, rings, dies, and bullet mold for the price of one of the "quality" scopes, and maybe my 1st bag of brass as well. The load that will be going afield on deer opener with me is the Lee 440gr FNGC (sans the GC) over 20.5 gr of Blue Dot. Produces a 1.5" [email protected] 75 yards and goes through a 3/4" plywood and 11" of damp (not soaked) phone books. I agree on the quality of Leupold, I just cant afford them on everything. This combo is a sweetheart for me though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.