Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The combination of case diameter and pressure would render the 6.5 Swede completely unsuitable for the Contender. It can be had in the Encore, however.

RonF

·
Registered
9 Posts
6.5x55 Encore

I have a 6.5x55 Virgin Valley custom pistol barrel. I'm very pleased with it! I'm getting 2600 fps out of a 120 grain bullet with 1/2" to 3/4" 100 yd groups. I think it's a great, accurate Encore caliber. Dies and brass are also cheap and easy to find.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
6.5x55 Swed Contender Barrel

Hey handgunhunter that sounds great. Is the brass the same as the 6.5x55 Swed, or have they modifyed it? If its the same, I got to have one. I already have a couple of sets of dies and plenty of brass, so reloading won't be a problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
6.5x55 Swed Contender Barrel

I too have a VV Custom in 6.5X55 swede.(14"Encore) Great shooter as my best groups are 3 shots at a hundred yds that you can hide with a dime!!
You can't go wrong with this one!
Rick :D

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
6.5X55 Swede

Hi Guys, the Swede is a close cousin to my Factory .260 Rem. I would be interested in hearing what loads you are using. The numbers, (ballistic coefficient and sectional density) lead me to the 6.5mm rather than the 7mm or .30 cal.

I settled on the Nosler 120 BT over 39.5gr of IMR 4895, with Rem primers for Whitetail.. Accuracy is good, just over or under 1" @ 100yds. at 2500+ fps over a Chrony. (Got my deer too).

Thanks in advance for any info. you can share..

Happy Holidays, Rol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts