Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after reading here and on a couple different forums about it, the possible problems, and the rants and raves, I went and got myself a 605SS today. Very nice, has a good heft, grip is a bit short but I think I will correct that soon......this revolver has been purchased to take my instruction and test on CCW, and get my permit. So far, I've put 60ish rounds through it with no problems, and my only complaint is that I'm gonna have to put alot of practice in if I'm gonna be able to shoot this in DA mode.......what a trigger pull! Now, for all you experts out there, what loads do you use as your primary SD round, and what kind of IWB/Pocket holster do you use? I'm a big guy, 6'4" and 265-270, so hiding should not be a problem......thoughts? Also, I had much better accuracy with .357 loads than I did with .38 Spec loads. Normal?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rock,
Check out my post below yours, "Mod 85 and Wolf springs". This may be an option on your trigger pull. The DVD and spring set together cost aprox. 50.00. I will be shooting my 85 tomorrow or Sat. and I'll post the results. If the gun stays reliable, that extra money will be worth it. ( at least to me ) It seems to have made the gun much nicer in DA mode.. I just followed the DVD one step at a time, and it was a pretty easy, quick job. Just my 2 cents..
Good Luck, CraigJS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts