Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see the announce of the 610 10mm re-release?

Pretty cool. I really can't bring on another caliber here and still keep sanity, but good to see nonetheless.

Offered in 4 and 6 inch bbls.

Along the lines of the 40/10mm, be neat to see the L frame 40 S&W re-released. That was a Perf Center only offering there for a bit, right?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Dang revo, why did you have to tell me this?
There goes my savings account.

No really, I appreciate you telling me about these I've been wanting a 10mm for a good long while and the 4" 610 sounds perfect.

Thanks!
Slufoot

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
What frame size is the 610?

·
Registered
667 Posts
It is a pretty cool gun.

Mine is the first year 5 inch with fluted cylinder and wooden fingergroove combat grips.  Will never part with this one willingly.

I have two 10 mm wheelguns and several semi auto all S&W. 

If you hand load this is a fun gun to shoot. 

Fred

·
Registered
37 Posts
One of the best shooting handguns I've ever owned..S&W 610..only thing I don't like about it is the moon clips.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
I have the first year 610 in five inch,which I bought new. I think a 5 inch is perfect. Since then I have added a full size and compact Witness.Star Megastar and the Star Firestar. Need to add the Smioth and Wesson auto. The 10MM is too good a round to die. Don't care for the Glock. It's a good pistol,just too light for me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a first year 5" also, sold off my 1006 and 1086 because of arthritic hands but kept the 610 no dash and the 610-3 6.5" for shooting. The recoil and vibration were just too much to put up with and with bad back thanks to couple bad landings chasing the brass sucks and I was always loosing at least one from each magazine fired.

Guess I need to take pictures of the three when the -3 cylinder gets back from gunsmith for the chamfer job this week.

Here is an older picture of the 610-3 with the HiViz front sight and stock rear sight with grips from a new N frame 357 8 shot ultra-lite wonder gun.

The 610 5" is a beauty and shoots like a laser.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hoyt said:
One of the best shooting handguns I've ever owned..S&W 610..only thing I don't like about it is the moon clips.

[/quote]

Really? I absolutely love full moon clips. Talk about fast reloads! Using proper tools they are super fast to moon & de-moon, brass is easy to pick up, and with a 100 moon clips loaded up I can shoot all day...

My 610 4" with the un-fluted cylinder is my favorite revolver.

Anthony Variz

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
I've been trying to decide between the 610 and the 625. I believe I am going to get a 610 if for no other reason than I am already set up to reload 40 and 10mm. Not to hyjack, but what are the going prices for 610s?

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
It's probably possible with the full or half moon clips. The 10 headspaces in the cylinder. Never have tried this and have no need to. I have 2 40's, both Witness pistols.one full size,one compact model.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts