Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Other than the sharp shoulder you wouldn't gain much. It's already pretty much cylindrical with very minimal taper to it. Not worth the effort unless you just wanted to be different and spend lots of money on a reamer and dies.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
didn't know but i didn't think so either. it's already a excellent case. now i think they are bringing out a .243wssm(super short magnum) along with a .223wssm. two new cases. looks like they would be dandy. havn't read a lot about them yet. you might ask that at the go go varmint go message board. the www.varmints den.com ,i think. 8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
6BR improved

I'm not sure that you can call this an "improved" version but there is a variation on the 6BR case named the 6 Dasher. It's the 6BR case with shoulder pushed forward thereby shortening the neck and with a slight improvement in the shoulder angle. With such a small case, there is little else to do to improve it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
6BR Improved

Crispin is correct from my understanding. I know of at least two smiths who are chambering the 6BR into an improved version. I have also seen the improved case called the 6mm Dasher, 6mm BR Ultra and 6BR Improved. I do have a 22BR Improved and it is marked 22BR Ultra. I think it depends on who does the work. Very nice cartridge. Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts