Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loaded a bunch of shells with 130 grain tumble lubed lead bullets last week. I went out yesterday and shot a few. They were awesome accurate. I have been shooting a AR-15 target rifle with target bullets for a few months trying for groups this small. Sometimes it just all comes together.
Elwood

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
My Contender 7-30 Carbine is extremely accurate, as is the pistol version also. Sierra once made a 130 grain quick expanding bullet for pistol use, but they no longer make it. Latch on to any you see. They are deadly on whitetails at Contender velocities.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
What mold are you using? I have the Lee 130 grain that I use. I jumped into casting head first and bought too many molds up front and haven't really spent a lot of time trying loads in my 7-30 waters barrels. I did use that boolit a lot in the 10" 7tcu, but was not getting as good of groups as I get with the Sierra 120 PH. Although, they were not bad groups. I can tell you though, I loaded that boolit in the 7-08 at waters velocities and it put the smack down on a pig and a deer last season.

Thanks,

Rosewood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.