Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what this stuff sells for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
834 Posts
New ammo is going for $.65 to $.80 a round. I haven't seen milsurp in while but the last I saw was de-linked and not too healthy looking. Couple with the fact that milsurp is probably Berdan primed I'd say it's worth considerably less.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I stayed away from the linked 7.5mm french ammo because its machine gun ammo, its a tad hotter. The only other options we have is the 7,5mm brass or the Priv-partizan 7,5mm french ammo. I've done both load new brass and stocked up on priv-partizan ammo too.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shot some, but having nothing to compare it to, it seemed like normal ammo. The ammo is very clean & dated 1969 with non-magnetic fmj bullets. It wasn't dangerous when I shot it. Nonetheless, most of us believe machine gun ammo is hotter than non-machine gun ammo, but I don't know how accurate that belief is. I never had reason to crono the linked ball. It seemed to work good. Mostly I pulled the bullets and powder & reloaded with H4895 & 150 soft points.

I tried using a Berdan depriming device so I could reload the military cases but that was a hassle so I gave up on that idea. I eventually acquired some Graf brass which worked well so I never used up the ball. I tried using necked up 6.5 Swede brass, & it worked, but the cases bulged too much when shot. They did function okay, though.

I appreciate all your help. Now I have an idea as to what I should get for it.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
The priv-partizan ammo is boxer primed and can be reloaded many times. This yugo brass is the best i have ever reloaded so far. Grafts offers it as new brass too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think you will find the mg ammo is not hotter but has heavy bullets so recoils more.I am pulling french lebel ammo and it has a 236 gr bullet and 44 gr french flake.
second PRIVI is Serbian.says so on the box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts