Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
51,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a couple frames and signed for the Kel-tec PF9 today, had my dealer order a 7mmMag Handi for me from RSR, $290 with tax, gotta be one of the first to go on back order!! ;D

Tim

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Good on ya, if they still made ejector barrels I'd be in line with you too. The 7 Rem mag is one of my favorite calibers tho, so maybe............

·
Super Moderator
51,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm workin on Santa to get me a mini-mill for Christmas, if that happens, I'll be able to convert an extractor to an ejector and back again. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
96 Posts
Acusport has the 7mm, 300 and 338 listed in their on-line catalog...along with .357 mag! Of course, none are in stock... I saw the .45 Colt Carbine listed long before any were at distributors.

Tim, what mini mill are you liooking at?

·
Super Moderator
51,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you read the thread back a page or two, you'll see the new offering listed at several distributors. ;)

Click mini-mill in last my post! ;)

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Good for you Tim,hope you get it quick,no pun intended.That mini-mill looks nice,just think of the projects you could do with that baby!Hope santa brings it to ya.

·
Super Moderator
51,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, tools are like Handis, you can never have too many!!! 8) ;D ::)

Tim

·
Super Moderator
51,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't have any projects in mind for a lathe. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
quickdtoo said:
Picked up a couple frames and signed for the Kel-tec PF9 today, had my dealer order a 7mmMag Handi for me from RSR, $290 with tax, gotta be one of the first to go on back order!! ;D

Tim
Me wonders how long a wait...for the 7mm Mag...End of next year?

Mac

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I may use that price of the new Handi magi & the mini milli combined & buy a 338 that will shoot.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Hello Tim The 7mm is one you will not have to in your will for me.
You problely have some more in same boat.
Good Luck Tim Marv.

·
Super Moderator
51,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's Ok Marv, there are plenty of others that'll make ya happy!! :D

Tim

·
Super Moderator
51,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No lead Fred, just a Limbsaver if needed. ;) It can't be any worse than my 7lb-4oz 338 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite!! :p

Besides, I need to get my money's worth out of that Lead Sled DFT I bought this summer!! :D

Tim

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Well, maybe I'll go for a .300WM, it might extend my effective range on out to 600 and 700 yards. I currently limit my 06 to 500 yards because of bullet performance. With higher velocity the same bullets would perform better at longer ranges.

As for recoil, could not be any more than my TCR with the .338WM barrel, or the Encore with the .416 Rigby barrel.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts