Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 99. It sprays a group in a horizontal pattern.
I started checking screws. The stock bolt was little better than finger tight. Haven't been back to the range yet.

The cross bolt in the reciever. The one that has the split nut on the opposite side. Should this be tight? I started to tighten it, but long before it was close to tight, the screw was sticking out the far side through the nut.

Trigger pull really sucks. While I had the stock off, I cleaned up the mating surfaces, and that lightenned it a bit, but it has about a mile of creep.

How to fix? Any ideas?

It's a 99 Savage Series A. (The ones with the light coloured stock, and impressed checkering). Saftey is on the lever.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the stock off today, and I see what you mean. I cleaned the mating surfaces with an ignition file. No real serious metal removed. This has lightened the pull a bit.
How would you go about installing an adjustable limit? This seems like a very good idea.
I saw right away, how it could be done by shortenning the mating surfaces, but like you said, irreversible, and I don't need a slam fire. I tried putting a shim under the trigger spring, but the effect was neglidgable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.