Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of group sizes do you get out of your A-bolts? Also has anyone installed an aftermarket recoil pad on there A-bolts the factory one is very hard rubber. I wanted to know if it needs to be done by a gunsmith, or can it be a do it yourself job.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I own a 7mm-08 in a Browning A-Bolt and it is a very accurate gun. I can usually shoot at least a 1 inch group with ammo that it likes. Sims makes a recoil pad to fit the A-bolts that is as easy to install as working a screwdriver.

·
Registered
641 Posts
In my A-Bolt Stainless Stalker 30.06 I can shoot single hole at 50, 1" at 100, and 2" at 200. It is an AWESOME gun.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My stainless stalker was a bit erratic. It seems picky but it can shoot very well. I think it depends on how clean the barrel is- but that is a guess. I have to get more scientific. I know I put some very tight groups using some core-lokt ultras. next time out , same box of ammo - groups were different. Same experience with Gamekings so I am back to the drawing board. I am convinced it is a good shooting gun, just have to figure out my end of it. I even went and bought a Sims De-resonator and will try it on this gun.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
kenjs1 said:
My stainless stalker was a bit erratic. It seems picky but it can shoot very well.

Mine ( a LH 25/06 Stainless Stalker) will shoot very good 3 shot groups but the thin barrel heats up rapidly and 5 shot groups tend to open up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts