Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Got this pretty doe this morning... 75 yard shot with a 200 grain Core-Lokt through the shoulder. Old girl made it 50 yards after the shot,,, tuff critters!

·
Registered
227 Posts
flinthead, way to to go! Gotta love that handi in .35 Remington. I've got four .35 Remingtons and here in NE PA where I hunt, it suits
me fine in the thick stuff! I also own 35 Whelens (2) and .358 Winchesters (3). The RP 200gr RNCL has been my favorite bullet in the
.35 Rem and .358 Win. Shot 15 deer with my .358 Win carbine pump with the 200gr RN bullets from RP and HDY @ 2400fps and it's sure death on our Whitetails. This year I'm going to use a recently purchased Marlin 336SC from 1963 in .35 Remington. Been testing
some loads pushing the 200gr RNCL at over 2200fps and should be darn effective from past experience and lower velocity. Good luck on your future hunts. Keep the .35 Remington always handy!
336SC

·
Premium Member
16,614 Posts
Congrats on the venison viddles!

CW

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Congrats on your fine deer! Gotta love that .35 rem with the 200 gr rn corelocks! I bought them in bulk from Midway a few years ago and have used nothing else in the .35 rem since. It just does the job! 44 Man

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it depends Lon... what I do is set it up with a pretty red and white checkered table cloth,,, set the table with a nice bowl of White Oak acorns and sparkling stream water. Had to start taking reservations... I've got a Booner coming in next week for lunch. 8)

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
flinthead said:
Well it depends Lon... what I do is set it up with a pretty red and white checkered table cloth,,, set the table with a nice bowl of White Oak acorns and sparkling stream water. Had to start taking reservations... I've got a Booner coming in next week for lunch. 8)
;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.