Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone else ever buy a gun off the net. Get if after waiting and start looking at it. Man this thing is nasty. I havent had trouble with anyone here. I got one from another classified area I wont mention and I am still trying to get it cleaned up.
How do you get the carbon build up out of the cylinders of a revolver?
DB

·
Registered
60 Posts
What Jax Said! You can also look at Brownells.com - I think they have brass brushes or screens that are used for this.

I found on my RV and two mileniums that the buildup in the cylinder does not affect accuracy and due to the amount of elbow grease required to remove it, I just leave it alone.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dirt

Jimmy did I buy this one from you. I dont think this guy cleaned his either.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Bought a couple of guns off the net. The new ones don't count on being dirty. The Win 97 was clean, old but clean.
CR

·
Registered
60 Posts
I didn't say I don't clean em! I clean my guns after each outing and get tons of razzing about it from my pards. I also break them down after every 3 or 4 shoots to get the gunk out from the innards. I just don't kill myself over the small stuff like carbon buildup in the cylinder. I actually heard somewhere that it helps seal the case against the wall and helps with accuracy. Mine builds up carbon right where the brass and lead meet - must be from the initial boom of the cartridge. Or maybe its just rationalization. wow that's a big word :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
A friend helped me sell a couple on the wire. No problems. Just give an accurate discription & pics if possible. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
:D Howdy ,
That build up in your cylinders isn't a problem if you shoot the same lenght cartridges all the time . But if you shoot say 44 spl for some time and then decide to shoot some 44mags they may not go all the way into the chamber . :(

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Just lucky I guess! I've bought several guns over the net and have never been disappointed with any of them.

The most recent one I purchased this way was bought from a feller out in Oregon and had minor surface rust inside the magazine tube, to be expected in that climate, but it was easily removed and had no affect of the guns looks or functioning! 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts