Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While walking the river with my son looking for some good set locations , I found a BEUTIFULL pocket . I looked it all over and was ready to get a trap and noticed something in the water about two feet away . I reached down and grabbed it and , you guessed it , a rat in someone elses trap :eek: . The pocket was spoken for I guess . It turns out Mallard found the pocket as appealing as I did . It was all I could do to keep from cutting the head off that rat :twisted: out of spite . I called Mallard and told him about the rat so he could get it before it came up missing . Its really funny , I didnt have any desire to take it . He never would have known , But , I have never stolen fur (never will ) and have only stolen one trap from a guy ( supposedly my friend ) who stole a beaver and a #330 from me on my grandmas land . I wish we could all trap togather like that and not have to worry about each other like we do . This is my first year in 17 years of trapping I had a "partner". Hope to keep it goin . Thanks Bill !! :toast:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Iv'e enjoyed it, and feel alot better knowing there are 4 eyes on the line as opposed to just 2. Pretty nice looking pocket eh Dan? Maybe you could just head down a bit and set that natural elbow....oh wait, I set that one too. :) I wouldn't have it any other way!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts