Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
they used to be be fairly left-wing-don't-need-no-stinkin'-guns, etc.
don't know if they still are or not.
there are some senior organizations now that compete with aarp
for that very reason. i can't recollect who they are at the moment
and i just put the trash out for collection tomorrow, so you'll
either have to look for yourself, or wait 'till i get more junkmail :D

you're just over 25 ?
i'm twice over + that. imagine how many of those i've received. :D

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
they were very big promoters of Odumbo care & all sorts of other socialized medicine and pretty big fans of nanny-state government. "for your own good" of course.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I joined it well over a decade ago........ for one year, enough time to look through what all the real benefits and offers were. I didn't find it worthwhile in the least and didn't renew after the first year. Some time after that those of your parents age musta taken over and like the others said their political leanings took away all possibilities I'd ever support them for any reason.

·
Registered
10,172 Posts
To me, AARP is a loser organization for us old poops.

No matter how they started, they drifted to the money; the big money is in being pro-big government insurance brokers. And that's what they do. The nice sounding discounts they obtain are okay IF you are wealthy enough to do much of those things.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Go with AMAC they offer the same benefits but they are supporters of your Constitutional rights. http://amac.us/

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
They're an insurance corp, primarily selling insurance products by supplying info and insecurity to steer you into buying their products. With the gov they want you to hold off taking SS early...Go to their website--some info is pertinent, but foremost they want to sell you insurances. Don't know about their antigun position, but I would say most insurance companies are not wanting such liability potential. They do advocate for seniors some.
..TM7

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
AARP has been an anti gun organization for a long time. This is not something new they just started. They were big supporters of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act. their executives and employees overwhelmingly support democrats and their agendas. They support everything from the pro homosexual agenda to supporting entitlements for illegal workers. As someone else said, If you want to join a communist organization, you could do no better than AARP.

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
One thing for sure is that AARP is a leftist group that was in total support of the affordable health care act ::)

I personally don't need any stinking AARP ;)

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
I joined when they first started and had a good deal at the time on road service for my car, when I tried to use it for a motel the owner said he could give a much better deal than the aarp never tried it again . When they started backing OB and all his agenda, I did not renew, them got a letter from them trying to get me to rejoin I did not respond so after a month they sent me a membership no charge did not wont to loose their member count I guess. I found another company at a much better rate on the road service.

Deaconllb

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.