Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Dr. lady is not only a Christian , she knows what she is talking about. She IS in a position to know.
She even address the "mask epidemic ". As being a foolish response. Long, but she covers this entire
Covid-19 problem, she says it's not so much the virus. But the politicians, and all the bumbling
that has resulted with them being involved.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That youtube video will disappear soon. It contradicts most of what the gooberment in DC is telling us. So, who do you believe??

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Letting everyone "be expose to the disease" is certainly one way of dealing with this. The other being to isolate the infected folks (traditional approach) until it is contained in a very small group and eliminated. This along with vaccination is how we eliminated smallpox - isolated the infected until no one was infected any more.

The problem with letting the disease run rampant is no one knows who will become severely ill. kind like the box of cheerios with one deadly cheerio. Eat all you want but avoid that one. Sadly for those who will die or lose someone close to them, her approach of letting it run wild is the actual way we are proceeding without actually acknowledging it. There is no serious effort to contain this so the defacto is just everyone roll the dice. At least someone is letting science speak, even if it is a disturbing way to sort things out. Notice that many countries who contained the virus are now back open as normal because there is no widespread infection anymore and everyone can go back to normal.

My biggest problem with conspiracies is that I have been in plenty of groups where you could not get a dozen people to agree on something which was in their own best interest to agree on. So much for thousands or millions of people agreeing to one approach, by consensus not orders like the military or society rules.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
What price for this containment? I do not want nor do I believe that a year off work is worth ridding ourselves (are we really sure we shall be rid of it?) of this COVID.

It seems those most concerned in shutting the world down have a ready source of income at hand.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Actually the countries that really enforced containment and tracking are now back open. Our pseudo containment just slowed it down for a bit then let it rage again. We would have been better served by not doing what we did since it wasn't done effectively enough to really get rid of the vast infection rate. We are probably at a tipping point where we CAN'T contain the virus, so the only recourse we will have is to treat the sick. If the hospitals are overrun so be it. This will just need to run its course until we can develop enough "herd immunity, create an effective vaccine, or just cull out the weakest in our society. The culling may be millions, but look at the bright side - the "black death" killed so many people that he ones left were much better off... (this is a fact; more food, more land etc for those left)

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Actually the countries that really enforced containment and tracking are now back open. Our pseudo containment just slowed it down for a bit then let it rage again. We would have been better served by not doing what we did since it wasn't done effectively enough to really get rid of the vast infection rate. We are probably at a tipping point where we CAN'T contain the virus, so the only recourse we will have is to treat the sick. If the hospitals are overrun so be it. This will just need to run its course until we can develop enough "herd immunity, create an effective vaccine, or just cull out the weakest in our society. The culling may be millions, but look at the bright side - the "black death" killed so many people that he ones left were much better off... (this is a fact; more food, more land etc for those left)
Take a deep breath. Will ya? Relax.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe everything what she said. She has also taken down Ebola. She knows her s***.

·
Registered
11,970 Posts
Letting everyone "be expose to the disease" is certainly one way of dealing with this. The other being to isolate the infected folks (traditional approach) until it is contained in a very small group and eliminated. This along with vaccination is how we eliminated smallpox - isolated the infected until no one was infected any more.
Some thing that was stated by doctors early on , before it became politically incorrect for Trump haters, this is a CORONA virus, the same family as the common cold.
It will NEVER, EVER go away, it is here forever.
Every one will get it eventually, those whom it kills it will kill, the vast majority of the rest will not know they even had it.

So unless you want a version of the Japanese lock up for society, forever, U.S. of A. land of the paranoid fools locked up like snorting pigs waiting for a cure.
That is an asinine fools folly, it is never going away.
The coming election will , including local and state, will show if this country has become a land of fools , like the Russians that brought Communism upon itself.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
She pretty much said what I had been thinking. Wished the politicians and fear mongers would listen to her.

Rosewood

·
Registered
245 Posts
Good video. She pretty much echoes what many other health professionals, biologists, and scientists, who have been banned from YouTube and other social media, have been saying from the beginning. Many doctors and health professionals where I work have told me the same thing this lady has in private conversations. Unfortunately, the policies that have harmed so many millions of people, and even killed more than was necessary, are not decided by health and science professionals, but are decided by health and government "officials",..which unfortunately has been more political than based on any scientific data, which has caused far more harm and death to the general human condition than if no action other than normal protocols for any other virus season would have been taken.
I believe the most dangerous thing about Covid-19 was never the virus itself, but has been the policies and "rules" dictated by health and government "officials" who run the hospitals, cities, and states that were never based on any proven medical data. There's a big difference between health and science professionals and health or government agency "officials". I am inclined to trust the fate of myself and my family to the former and never the latter. YMMV, choose wisely and stay safe.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The true ( non political) medical professionals are now saying that the virus is weakening, just like Dr. Victory said it would.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
The true ( non political) medical professionals are now saying that the virus is weakening, just like Dr. Victory said it would.
I am sure that is true just look at how the new cases are decreasing... oh wait they are rising faster than anywhere else in the world!!! I'll get back to you later as soon as I throw out the thermometer, it was showing too many temps I didn't like. And I know if you stop checking, the temperature will go away just like covid testing. If we stop testing (or slow down) the number of new case will fall...

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Well a weakened virus might end up killing fewer... oh wait, that’s what appears to be happening. But the numbers... now we test those who are simply curios, finding those who would have otherwise rubbed dirt on it and walked it off as a hangover that was particularly nasty.

Lighten up Chicken Little, the sky may be falling, but fortunately it’s primarily made of air.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am sure that is true just look at how the new cases are decreasing... oh wait they are rising faster than anywhere else in the world!!! I'll get back to you later as soon as I throw out the thermometer, it was showing too many temps I didn't like. And I know if you stop checking, the temperature will go away just like covid testing. If we stop testing (or slow down) the number of new case will fall...
This virus, like all other viruses is not going to be stopped from going through the population. Fortunately, the vast majority of the population will not die from it, or even show symptoms. It currently does not even make the standards for being an epidemic, let alone a pandemic. If you have some pre-existing medical condition that makes you or your doctor believe this, or any other virus, may be fatal to you, then you should certainly take whatever precautions you feel necessary. I would suggest, however, that shutting down the entire country, for less than 1% of the population (who could be protected anyway if normal virus protocols were in use), until America turns into a third world nation with no healthcare industry at all, will certainly not be of any help to people like yourself. Then you may as well get sick in a country like Somalia.
Taking a breath, relaxing, and turning off your TV set and computer, just may be the best way to improve your outlook and health at this point. Don't throw away your thermometer, that would be silly. :tango_face_smile:

·
Registered
6,996 Posts

The problem with letting the disease run rampant is no one knows who will become severely ill. kind like the box of cheerios with one deadly cheerio. Eat all you want but avoid that one. Sadly for those who will die or lose someone close to them, her approach of letting it run wild is the actual way we are proceeding without actually acknowledging it. There is no serious effort to contain this so the defacto is just everyone roll the dice. At least someone is letting science speak, even if it is a disturbing way to sort things out. Notice that many countries who contained the virus are now back open as normal because there is no widespread infection anymore and everyone can go back to normal.

My biggest problem with conspiracies is that I have been in plenty of groups where you could not get a dozen people to agree on something which was in their own best interest to agree on. So much for thousands or millions of people agreeing to one approach, by consensus not orders like the military or society rules.

That's rather sophomoric logic. The whole world was clear of it before it popped up in China. What's to keep it from once again moving into those countries that you say have "contained" it?

·
23,845 Posts
Casull said;
That's rather sophomoric logic. The whole world was clear of it before it popped up in China. What's to keep it from once again moving into those countries that you say have "contained" it?

So stop with the common sense. 😡

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I think we should all submit to this thing err pandering proposition err scare thing err tactic like thing that has one basis err just submit so we can save one human being. Isn’t that enough? Whatever you do don’t go to New York if your old... And let’s all realize that terrorists and criminals, rapists and thief’s lives matter...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts