Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was hacked ;; email,,charge accounts -including pay-pal ,, If some deal I made on here got caught up in some way ,,, PLZ advise .. thx jbohio

·
Super Moderator
50,971 Posts
I've received several paypal spoofing emails recently, best advice is make sure the originating email is actually from paypal, I never click any of the links in these phishing emails, the subject of the last one was We're concerned about potentially unauthorized activity on. Date: Sun, Mar 08, 2020 The actual sender when I hovered the cursor over the paypal address was some foreign name, not paypal. I forward them as attachments with all headers to [email protected] Below is their response.

Tim

Thanks for letting us know about the suspicious website you
visited. We'll investigate it, and may contact you with additional
details. If you clicked on any links or downloaded any attachments
within the suspicious website, log into your PayPal account and view
your account activity. If you see any unauthorized transactions, go to
the Resolution Center to report it. It's also a good idea to change your
password. Additional Information & Help You can learn more about fake
websites and spoof by visiting our Help Center. Click Help & Contact on
any page and then search for "fake websites and emails" and "spoof". You
can also find help on changing your password and viewing your account
activity in the Help Center. Thanks for being a PayPal customer, PayPal
Security
Please do not reply to this email. If you need to contact us, please
click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you get a questionable email about your Paypal account you can forward it to them for investigation.

Suspicious emails
“Phishing” is an illegal attempt to "fish" for your private, sensitive data. One of the most common phishing scams involves sending an email that fraudulently claims to be from a well-known company (like PayPal). If you believe you've received a phishing email, follow these steps right away:

1. Forward the entire email to [email protected].
2. Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.
3. Delete the suspicious email from your inbox.
We'll look into it and email you a response to let you know if it is indeed fraudulent. In the meantime, don't click any links or download any attachments within the suspicious email.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I haven't received anymore of those since getting rid of paypal years ago. Best thing I ever did.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx for the info ,, actually paypal is not at fault here ,, went from my email -- chg card --pay pal ,, AND I may have mixed up some disputes ,, WANTED TO PUT THIS HERE in case someone got shorted/not paid/ etc ....

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
I haven't received anymore of those since getting rid of paypal years ago. Best thing I ever did.
Ditto. I will never use PreyPal again. Ever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts