Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase an inline ML for hunting deer in IA.

Rifle will be scoped and sabots used.

Shots will be under 100 yards.

What are some decent inlines to be looking at?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Thompson Center has always had several models that were good shooters.
They have 3 models today the impact starting at 263.00 and the Pro Hunter FX at $649.00.

They have some nice fectures like a 1 inch spacer in the stock for allowing it to fit smaller shooters with out to much work.

https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/muzzleloaders

If you want to spend the real big bucks then the Remington Ultmate may fit your bill.

Al

·
Registered
829 Posts
If you can locate a T/C Thunderhawk in stainless it's usually a solid, dependable muzzleloader. My wife's does an inch and a half @ 100 yds with a 260 gr saboted Hornady slug over 100grs of Pyrodex Select. We only use 91% alchohol for clean up and no problems for over 20 years.

They also had a Timney adjustable trigger. Sweet shooter.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
If you can locate a T/C Thunderhawk in stainless it's usually a solid, dependable muzzleloader. My wife's does an inch and a half @ 100 yds with a 260 gr saboted Hornady slug over 100grs of Pyrodex Select. We only use 91% alchohol for clean up and no problems for over 20 years.

They also had a Timney adjustable trigger. Sweet shooter.
I have a blued/walnut Thunderhawk that is a tack driver as well. I also have a stainless Firehawk that shoots real well. Both have been converted to use 209 primers and they also prefer Pyrodex Select. I also have a CVA Optima Mr Black Nitride that I got from one of our forum members. With 150m grains of Black Horn powder it will hit a 6 inch gong time after time at 200 yards using a 240 grain XTP in a sabot.

I have had good luck with most any inline that I have messed with however my younger brother has a CVA Wolf that he paid $125 for a few years back that shoots as well as any inline that I have ever tried.....you do not have to spend big bucks to get a good inline muzzy.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
My son has a CVA hunter bolt mag. 45 cal that he paid 100.00 that he bought new at the gun show was a starter thing including scope everything but powder and primers dealer, had stacks and stacks of them and he has killed more deer with that thing than I can remember. I have a CVA 50 mag hunter camo stock, plated fluted barrel, bolt action that is a shooter that I really love.

Deaconllb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts