Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i need some advice I have a savage weather warrior mod 116 in 30-06 It has the factory synthetic stock that is not pillar bedded, the only positive thing about this stock in my opinion is that it actually came with a metal trigger guard.
Here is the question I have had the worse luck with overtightening the fron action screw to the point of ollowing out the plastic where the action screw is I am sure most people have this problem.
Would a pillar hlp me from overtighening as on this plastic stock i can twist it until the screw goes into the action and prevents the bolt from working. i once machined a washer to fit the front action screw and glued it into the hole where the screw head met the contactspot int the stock is that a good idea??? or should i restock with a pillar bedded stock as i know n when you tighten on pillars it tightens up real well
my theory is that plastic and metal do not mix especially when tightening a action screw up into a plastic stock where there is not at least a metal contact point
thanks for any advice in advance

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
advice needed on savage 116 weather wqrrio

Methinks your've seriously overtightened those screws. Remington regularly uses thin metal washers to adjust the bedding in their M700 rifles. Placing them between the floorplate assembly and the stock. I would try the metal washer first and be a little easier on the action screws. They don't need to be that tight!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts