Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
ML barrels for Contenders

DES, I've got a 16 1/4" 50 cal ML barrel for my Contender, made by Dave Van Horn (www.mygunroom.com/dvgunshop/vhbarrels.html). :) I also considered buying a barrel from VVCG or Bullberry, but was not quite as expensive w/ DVH and turnaround was a little quicker. The barrel looks to be of good quality, but I honestly don't think I've had a chance to shoot it enough to know what it's really capable of. One thing about a short barrel like this---there's LOTS of unburned powder (Pyrodex) blowi ng out the barrel after the shot.... I'm satisfied w/ the early velocities--1470 fps w/ 240 gr 45 cal Sierra JHP/Knight sabot/Winchester 209 primers. :grin: I'd keep him in mind, as well, but be sure your specs are understood. I specified a Weaver mount d/t for 6 screws, but it was not included in the package when it arrived. :eek: He sent one to me quickly. I also specified the dovetail locks to be set up to use w/ a Pach forend adaptor (14" barrel). When the barrel arrived, I found the dovetail locks were set up for a 16" barrel. :roll: I've been using the barrel w/ a 10" forend adaptor while awaiting the arrival (I told him not to rush) of an adaptor he's going to make me so I can use the barrel w/ a Pach forend. He offered to make me a new barrel, but that didn't really seem necessary. Gary T.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.