Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank all of you and all of those who have given so much to allow me and my family to enjoy the fruits of your labors and sacrifice THANK YOU!!!!! Kurt

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
There are three groups of people in this country.

The 1st group who protect the country; they are the military, police, fireman and the supporting agencies.

The 2nd group who build and maintain the country; they are the good citizens who build and do what is best for the country and support group one. Group one comes from this group.

The 3rd group neither protects nor builds; but feels superior to groups one and two, although benefiting from both. The 3rd group produces nothing of value for the country.

Today “We” Remember the fallen from Group One and Thank Group Two for making it worth the sacrifice.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Yes sir.

If it were not for the courageous men and women who have served this great nation in the past, and those who continue to do so to this day, we and our families would not enjoy the security and freedoms that we have today. We owe all of you a hearty measure of gratitude for your sacrifices. Thank you and God bless all who are serving or have served in our armed forces.

Brett

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Well said Grampa mike.

US Army 87-90

Firefighter/paramedic 92-Present

burntmuch

·
Registered
643 Posts
There is a group of veterans in our town that get up at 5:00 in the morning every Veterans' Day and drive around town shooting off a miniature cannon for about two hours to remind everybody that it's the day to honor veterans. Technically, it is disturbing the peace, but there are never any complaints from the townsfolk and the police aren't about to interfere. They've earned the right.

Thanks, veterans, for all you've done for our country.

·
Registered
28 Posts
WOW I do not know where to start First off I was active duty Air force 1995-1999 F16 Crew chief 555 Fighter Squadron, Aviano Air Base Italy and 412 Test squadron, Edwards AFB, California. Now (as of June 2007) I'm a F-15 Crew chief 142 Maintenance Squadron Portland Air National Guard base Portland Oregon. Eight years out and I could not take it any more. I gladly take all the thanks that you offer, and do not expect it. I feel as though I'm doing my job and am not a "hero" or anything above the average citizen, I'm just doing my job.
Thank you to all my fellow service members.
and a big thank you/your welcome to all you civilians who really appreciate us.
Thanks again
SrA Jon Simmons

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
You're certainly welcome to all who offered thanks and a big thanks to all those who serve now and in the past.

U.S. Army, Military Police Corps 84-91

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Thank you all from a proud father of a son which served in the Air Force and a son who is active duty US Army getting ready for his second tour to Iraq.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
And Thank You to all who offered Thanks

U.S. Navy 57-77
and a son in the USCG that is about to retire in 3 yrs

Gun Runner

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh no Black tail you are all way above average citizens . Thanks Kurt

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Grandpamike siad it all. As a Vet, I want to thank all other vets as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts