Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a cable channel known for its popular series. It has several of them and presents them the way it was before the other networks became so PC. It always hauls home all the Emmys, and the sponsors are lined up to get a spot on their network. I didn't watch it but their " Mad Men " series won more awards than anything else has in the history of television. And whether you like this kind of stuff or not, The Walking Dead is on its sixth series
run. And is still the #1 watched show in its time slot of anything else.

The only time it wasn't in seven years was when the history channel played its special 'The Bible". Its like the mainstream networks are now admitting they are doing something right.
I think it's because they make programs that are like they were in the 60s, before all the situation comedy's.
Or the reality shows, but differant subjects for each one so the viewers get to pick the ones they like to follow.
If you don't like all that kind of stuff ok, they aren't worried they are hauling it in.

I didn't like every program back in the 60s but you could always find something you did like on one of the other networks. And you didn't get all this PC garbage or liberal opinian, which I will say AMC is none of that.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Concho said:
Great channel!
Thankfully I have a dvr on my Dish box too.
I hope NBC, CBS, and ABC lose all advertising dollars and rot in liberal progressive ****.

It is isn't it? Not all the time but no network ever was. They have diversity appealing to a very large audience.
And it is CBS who first threw in the towel and says they are about to change everything and be more like them.
And admitted if they don't they can't compete and would have to close the doors.
AMC, and the History channel now have more viewers than the three networks combined.
If I could just get those two channels I would be happy with that, they can keep all that other trash.

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
I used to like the history channel when I was traveling for work, but it evolved into the sensational murder channel and didn't appear to do much with history anymore. My wife and I recently were at hotels for a few days, and we never even turned the tv on. We used to consider it a treat to flip through things like Discovery, Animal Planet, and History Channel. Now we don't even care.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The history channels ratings have been eclipsed by the Sci Fi channel, that's not saying much for them.
I bet for the same reasons you posted, or that ancient alien garbage.
But AMC must have the money their productions are every bit as good as any Hollywood studio.
Encore is another good one it's an AMC copycat and we are about to see more of this.
Good! Free enterprise and the market is winning out again, if you suck you go broke.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Conan said:
I used to like the history channel when I was traveling for work, but it evolved into the sensational murder channel and didn't appear to do much with history anymore. My wife and I recently were at hotels for a few days, and we never even turned the tv on. We used to consider it a treat to flip through things like Discovery, Animal Planet, and History Channel. Now we don't even care.
I used to love Discovery and Animal Planet. I hardly recognize Animal Planet now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They all went PC, save the planet, global warming, and you can tell who is doing good and who is going broke by the caliber of their advertisers. With AMC getting sponsors like Jaguar and Maserati?
And Glock, and Berreta? While the others get toilet paper and feminine hygiene lol.
With Hillary ads, or the WWE. ::)

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
I remember the last time I watched TV. We were at a hotel in June of 2010. I also used to like the cooking channels, and we tried to watch a few of the cooking shows then, but we gave up. The last regular show I watched was Night Court which was on after I got home from work in 1989. We watched some TV when the kids were little. Telly Tubbies, and the like. Back then we sent money to public television because we were using it. I remember getting a call once during one of their fund drives and I told the man that I couldn't remember the last time I watched television. He was very understanding and told me goodbye.

I remember one of the humorous things about my kids: We were watching television and my daughter couldn't understand why we couldn't pause, rewind, or fast forward it. I remember telling her it was an older way of doing thiings and that videos where much better.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Conan said:
The thing that struck me about the post is that I have no idea of what AMC is. I thought it was a reference to the defunct American Motors.
You got that right. If my SIL, Shirley, saw this, she'd start going on about all the races she won in her AMC on the drag strip as the "DRAG-ON- LADY[/color]"... ::)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
FourBee said:
Conan said:
The thing that struck me about the post is that I have no idea of what AMC is. I thought it was a reference to the defunct American Motors.
You got that right. If my SIL, Shirley, saw this, she'd start going on about all the races she won in her AMC on the drag strip as the "DRAG-ON- LADY[/color]"... ::)
Small world. Shirley earned the right to go on. One bad lady and one bad AMX. Got to see her make a few passes when racing was great. Thanks

·
Banned
3,717 Posts
I loved breaking bad, it was one of the best shows in 40 years. I think "Felina" wrapped up everything s neatly as any ending ever.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Can't stand anything with zombies and I may be the only one that thinks so but CBS has some pretty good shows. NBC and ABC not so much but I became an instant fan of "Blood and Oil' on ABC. Always liked Don Johnson and am glad to see him back with a series.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It isn't only the walking dead, mad men, Humans, just call Saul, and a whole string of others.
They are still in the lead over anyone else and they always take home the Emmys.

As for AMC the manufacturer, I've had three of their CJ 7 Jeeps when I was younger and I still think they were better than a Chrysler. A CJ 7 with that 304 V8 would pop wheelies, they were almost dangerous they were so light and powerful. With a factory four barrel motorcraft carb, when the Broncos had a two barrel 302.
Jeeps could leave a Bronco in the dust, if it weren't for Jeep AMC would not have survived as long as it did.
Jeep was really the only part of AMC that Chrysler wanted but they had to buy the whole thing or nothing.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.