Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever ordered ammo from Sportsman Guide? I just wondering if it is current stuff cause they have some what better prices than some places I have looked. Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
i purchased stuff from them several times and have been very pleased.

Shipping is quick and the products are pretty good. A good selection of ammo too.

They're very competitive on their ammo prices, especially when they have a special.

MidwayUSA is another good place to shop also.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Almost any ammo that goes bang is good ammo...... I would be cautious buying surplus and do homework on researching it. Some of the surplus sold is made where quality control does not come into play.

A friend of mine purchased some greek surplus for his rifle sold by the CMP and it was terrible. Many people have complained about Wolf but I have heard the same amount of good things too.

If it is an off brand or surplus.... buyer beware.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Yes, I have purchased .280 Rem, .22lr, & .38 spl ammo from Sportsmans Guide over the years and have had no problems at all. Actually I purchase quite a few things threw them, not just ammo, and have been happy with most everything I've purchased. The few times I was not satisfied they were quick to make things right. A good outfit to deal with.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys. I was thinking about ordering some of the Federal 308 Powershok. My brother loves the place everything he orders that has anything to do with hunting or shooting he get it from them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have used SG numerous times for ammo and am now on my second round with the Buyer's Club. ;D

To save a little money, get on their email list. They will then send you some decent deals every once in a while PLUS online coupons ($5 or even $10 off your order). These definitely help with covering shipping costs (which is real reasonable when this gets applied).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts