Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recommend an accurate flat point or hollow point .22 cal pellet for a Tech Force 99? I have a crow & blackbird problem and my homeowner's association just passed a rule that prohibits shooting firearms, but permits air guns for pest control.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
In my Tech Force 99M, .22 caliber, for distances of 25 yards or less I find Beeman H&N Match pellets to be hard to beat(especially on birds from Crows on down). Over 25 yards I use nothing but Beeman Crow Magnum pellets for all my hunting. With the West Nile Virus running rampant you don’t want birds flying off to die in your neighbors yard. that is the problem you have when using domed or pointed pellets for birds. They might be a bit more at longer ranges but they don’t depart the shock effect that a good wad cutter or hollow point does. Lawdog
:D

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Not alot of 22cal selection around here; Daisy pointed NG, Gamo Dome NG, Copperhead NG......but Daisy Precision Max, Flat-nosed 5.5mm, 22cal are very very good....even if they are made in China! Haven't tried Crow Magnum yet cause I haven't found them locally yet.

............................TM7

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
TM7 said:
Not alot of 22cal selection around here; Daisy pointed NG, Gamo Dome NG, Copperhead NG......but Daisy Precision Max, Flat-nosed 5.5mm, 22cal are very very good....even if they are made in China! Haven't tried Crow Magnum yet cause I haven't found them locally yet.

............................TM7
Why not purchase them over the net from Pyramyd Air - http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/show.pl?cmd_pellets=show. Great selection and if you purchase three tins they will give you the forth tin FREE[/color]. Make your order and usually within a week(usually a few days) you'll have the pellets in your hand. I buy from them all the time. Lawdog
:D

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Lawdog,,,,I'll definitely mailorder some when I'm done testing. Seems Pyramid does not currently offer my new favorite 22 pellet-----the Daisy flat-nose Precision Max........mmmmmmmmm? Will have to call them.

.................TM7

1 - 5 of 5 Posts