Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This winter is dragging on and I thought I would load some ammo. My question is If I load 1500 rounds or so with 28 gr of ffg and on top of that fill the rest of the case with grits, will they go bang and not poof in a few months?? ( PRS bullets of course)
Thanks
Dennis

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dennis, I'm "pretty certain" it won't be a problem. I have not done that with grits, just metamucil, cornmeal, and even coffee, no proplems with those loads over time. I'll shoot a few with coffee, you shoot the grits and we'll have breakfast. Then I'll shoot some with metamucil and we'll be both be ready for a good sit. Harrrrrrrrr!

prs

ps: Don't scorn me about waste'n good coffee. It was some danged "gormet" junk someone gave me and it was not fit for drink'n. Shoots real good!

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
As long as you don't cook the grits before you load them, there should be no problem. :)
If the question is: Will loaded black powder rounds "keep" for an extended period of time, the answer is yes, IF it doesen't get warm enough the lube melts. With lube just on the bullet, no problem. Grease cookies, well, then it's going to depend on a lot of things, but they too can be loaded to "keep".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.