Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
IMO what Anne Coulter says holds as much water as a sieve. BTW, even though you try to poke holes in the other Republican candidates you should come to the realization that Ron Paul is still a zero.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just posting an article. I thought this part was interesting.

In 1999, Sen. Fred Thompson joined legal giants like Sens. Jim Jeffords, Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins to vote against removing Bill Clinton from office for perjury.

But, as The New York Times recently said, Thompson "agonized over what he saw as two 'bad choices.'"

What bad choices? Punishing a multiple felon or not punishing him? This wasn't exactly a job for King Solomon, pal.

The Times reported that calls from Thompson's Tennessee constituents showed that they "overwhelmingly favored removing President Bill Clinton from office."

So Thompson could either: (1) Follow the Constitution and make his constituents happy or, (2) disregard the Constitution and make his Hollywood friends happy.

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,821 Posts
I think Fred did what he thought was best for the country. After the primary who will you vote for? It won't be Ron Paul. Ron seems like a nice guy but he's kinda goofy in the debates. He can't win.

I'm thinking Hillary's pretty much got the election sewn up anyway. I'm not sure I even care anymore. I don't think this country can be saved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,068 Posts
Swampman, hey buddy, never give up on America; we've made it past many tougher times than these and survived Presidents like Jimma Carter and Lyndon B. Johnson. I will admit that the thought of Hitlary is daunting to say the least, but we'll have to deal with that horror if it materializes. She might just be the shock treatment that this country needs to jerk us back to our senses. People might realize that as many warts as the Republicans might have, it's nothing compared to the Neolibs that are running the Dumbycrat Party.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,367 Posts
swampman. This country can be saved, but everyone will have do do their part. As I see it, too many people let someone else do the thinking for them. Granted the chance is small, but any candidate can win the election with the support of the people, several years ago Ross Perot did not stand a chance according to a lot of people, but had Ross not pulled out at the last minute there is a very good possibility that he could have been president. If there is a candidate that you support, then get behind him and give them a push, a big name with deep pockets can be defeated if it is the will of the people.

Prior to Ross's craw-fish move I had a lot of respect for him, but after he pulled out...........oh well he is off the radar screen now, so why complain!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,135 Posts
The column by Ann Coulter does lead me to reassess Mike Huckabee because one of our fellow GB members here warned me not to take Huckabee too seriously, indicating that in some cases he is a "closet liberal".

So, for those reasons I will check him further...but that doesn't mean Ron Paul looks any more feasible to me.

That refusal by Fred Thompson to vote for Clinton's ouster could have been for any of a number of issues that loomed just below the horizon !

I do know that some Republicans (not just Fred) were not anxious to kick Clinton out...simply because that would have put Gore in:... in the driver's seat for the next election...and we all know how close that election was.

Possibly he showed remarkable prescience by avoiding just that situation...


BTW: Guys, please vote for the most conservative candidate available, come next November. You know that any liberal will try to cut the legs from under our military..even while they are at war..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
ironglow said:
BTW: Guys, please vote for the most conservative candidate available, come next November. You know that any liberal will try to cut the legs from under our military..even while they are at war..
Boy ain't that the truth! If a Democrat were voted into office not only would the military be on shaky ground, but our taxes would go up, gun ownership would be under attack, and last but not least we would be prime for another terrorist attack. Not to mention my earlier post of my job being in jeopardy. Yes, the glass would definitely be half empty. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,992 Posts
Another case of folks thinking as Republicans and conservatives we all listen to Rush every day, Buy every Book Ann Coulter writes and the only news we watch is Fox news. Just is not true.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,135 Posts
J45gun;

Just as we tend to think the libs only tune into CNN for their news..shucks, they also have ABC, NBC, CBS, NY Times, Wash Post

and a whole manure speader full of blogs....plus "Airhead America "..LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
A lot didn't like Nixon, but he was right about the silent majority. They are still out there and they are a lot of us! We can and we will prevail. A few setbacks here and there only strengthen.

Maybe Fred saw the reality of how destabilizing a Gore Admin would have been. Lets face it, Gore is not a very stable personality. Many Dems have even said that. As mad as I was that Bill wasn't removed or resigned, in hind site I'm glad he wasn't. Maybe I'm sounding like the Paulies about Fred? Oh well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,558 Posts
That very point was pointed out to me during the period that Clinton was under the spotlight. Do you really want Al Gore as president? I'm glad Fred voted as he did. I don't have a problem with it. As for Ron Paul, he don't stand a snowballs chance in San Diago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,992 Posts
Fazak the more you try to get dirt on Fred the funnier it gets here you tried it and several members told you a very good explanation why not to vote out Klinton as Gore would be a disaster as President. That Judge in England was very wise to put the ruleing out and what a farce Gore's movie was. Shows the mentality of the libs giving a idiot like Gore a oscar and a peace prize. I just saw where one scientist said Gore was goofy and more scientist should too but they would be afraid speaking out may hurt their grant funding. This guy did not care said he did not need any grant money so he called a spade a spade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,135 Posts
I have often wondered if most folks actually realize how politicians use "grant money" to exert their own will and push their own agendas..

If anyone thought differently, they can see exactly how it works in this instance.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,973 Posts
ironglow said:
The column by Ann Coulter does lead me to reassess Mike Huckabee because one of our fellow GB members here warned me not to take Huckabee too seriously, indicating that in some cases he is a "closet liberal".

So, for those reasons I will check him further...but that doesn't mean Ron Paul looks any more feasible to me.

That refusal by Fred Thompson to vote for Clinton's ouster could have been for any of a number of issues that loomed just below the horizon !

I do know that some Republicans (not just Fred) were not anxious to kick Clinton out...simply because that would have put Gore in:... in the driver's seat for the next election...and we all know how close that election was.

Possibly he showed remarkable prescience by avoiding just that situation...


BTW: Guys, please vote for the most conservative candidate available, come next November. You know that any liberal will try to cut the legs from under our military..even while they are at war..
I don't know if that member is me, but if not not, add me to the list. The Huckster is a big lib, his stance on hunting, gun control & abortion is good, though to be in office in AR he has to do well with the first 2, but he is a Socialist & loves the dependent class. He is another slick one, I have watched him tooo long.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
I can't beleave this Ron Paul versus Fred Thompson debate even exhists. If you look at ALL the polls this Ron Paul guys doesn't even exhist. :D Now if we want to debate and argue about a republican candidate for President lets talk about Guliani, Romney and Thompson. Not some guy who can't even get a showing in the polls. Ron Paul is kinda like some of these conspiricy theories they only exhist in imagination.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
billy_56081 said:
I can't beleave this Ron Paul versus Fred Thompson debate even exhists. If you look at ALL the polls this Ron Paul guys doesn't even exhist.
Not true at all.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/straw-poll-results/

Ron Paul has the most successful record of all GOP candidates who have participated in straw polls.

His candidacy is real folks,... it's time to own up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,992 Posts
Fazak said:
billy_56081 said:
I can't beleave this Ron Paul versus Fred Thompson debate even exhists. If you look at ALL the polls this Ron Paul guys doesn't even exhist.
Not true at all.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/straw-poll-results/

Ron Paul has the most successful record of all GOP candidates who have participated in straw polls.

His candidacy is real folks,... it's time to own up.
For the love of Pete Fazak get a life Straw pollls mean NOTHING. The Internet Polls are really a ZERO they can be so skewed it is not funny only a naive hopefull like you would think other wise and I say this not to be mean but I really am starting to pity you as your in for a HUGE LET DOWN. Ron Paul has as much chance of winning as I do and I am not running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,135 Posts
LOL....Internet polls..LOL

They bear NO RESEMBLANCE to any real figures ! There are a couple REAL problems with these polls that ANYONE should recognize !

Anyone can vote in those polls;

1) No need to be a registered Republican/Conservative or even registered at all.

2) No age parameters.

3) No national parameters, Brazilians, Greeks, Russians and Nigerians can vote.

4) Loonie left bloggers and their stooges can vote.

5) The loonie left can, and probably does, gang up to skew the poll.

6) As with the major media the poll by it's wording, can skew the results.

For even the slightest bit of accuracy, the groups mentioned above must be discounted
because they won't be pulling levers for any Rep/Cons candidate on election day.
For reasons such as #6, I don't place much credence on major media polls.

For a more accurate poll, one must look to polls that are taken among " registered
and likely Republican. Conservative voters", and then hope you have an unbiased pollster.

For obvious reasons, internet polls are worth less than the time they take to look at them.
 
1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Top