Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some dead best thug coons getting in my calf grain, tearing bags open at night... also messing with my mom's garden there....set a live trap baited with marshmallows .will see what the morning brings

·
Registered
606 Posts
Howdy! If you plan on relocating the animal, make sure you take it many miles away or it will be back in a few days. Nuisance squirrels that are live trapped have to be taken at least 5 miles, as the crow flies, away. They will come back if you take them less than 5 miles away. Best of luck!
Always,
Gene

·
23,845 Posts
I plan on shooting all I catch with a .22
That's the way to do it. I tried hauling cats to barns and lettin'em go.
Some stayed, some came back to crap in my yard, and pee in my garage.

Now, its 22, or shotgun. But no do overs.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts

^ ^ ^ this ^ ^ ^

use conibears and you won't need to use up ammo

·
23,845 Posts

^ ^ ^ this ^ ^ ^

use conibears and you won't need to use up ammo
Cats make noise when you squeeze'em.
The sit quietly and wait when you feed'm a small cheap can of cat food.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ended up with six oppossums and four coons...nothing new in a week so pulled trap for a while..at least the local thugs have now been thinned..

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
"cats make noise. . ."

use a big enough squeezer and they can't draw a breath to make noise
(so i'm told- :tango_face_surprise i wouldn't bring harm to any kitty myself )

·
11,227 Posts
Conibear 160-2, 220-2, 280-2 all work very well for cats, coons, woodchucks, and similar sized pests. I always have some handy.

Thanks, Dinny

·
23,845 Posts
Conibear 160-2, 220-2, 280-2 all work very well for cats, coons, woodchucks, and similar sized pests. I always have some handy.

Thanks, Dinny
Every now and then somebody's small dog, or child gets lose in the neighborhood.
I'm gonna pass on the conibears.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I also use the 220 conibears. Make a box, 12"X12"X24", cut a slot to slide trap in, bait in back. Started using these when I raised a lot of chickens. Set them in the evening and trip in the morning before going to work.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Update on the 220 conibears. I normally do not set them in the summer because you have to get rid of the bodies rather quickly as they swell up real fast. I got tied of the large piles of coon poop under my oak shade tree in front of the house, and the muddy cat tracks on the seat of my 4-wheeler every morning. In two weeks I have caught 4 possums, 4 coons, and 5 large feral house cats, things have slowed down considerably the last few days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts