Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mueller Optics has made an upgraded version of the very popular APV, but with a Fast Focus eyepiece, and refined low profile Target Knob windage and elevation adjustments, it's being sold by E Arthur Brown Co as the Brown 97D, you can read about it at the Eabco website.

Tim

http://www.eabco.com/97DRiflescope01.html

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I'm looking to get a new scope in next month or so to put on a 223 handi rifle.Thought I may just go with a 6x weaver,then checked this scope out and well may give it a try.Anybody tried this one yet?Give us the scoop on it if you have.

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cascadedad has the APV on his .223, he's very happy with it, the Brown 97D is a tad better as it's the same scope with some upgrades. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
quickdtoo (Tim): Just bought that '97D' after looking at your post. It's in the line of brands I was looking at for my new .223, so this will hopefully be a good scope to start with.

Larry

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats guys, I don't think you'll be disappointed, all of my Muellers have been worth every penny and then some, field reports manditory when you get em mounted!! ;)

thx,

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Well I also just ordered the 97D,it will go on a HB 223 handi rifle.I'll report how it works out. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Ordered the 97D last night,and got email today saying it shipped and included tracking number. ;D

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see a range report coming soon!! ;D

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Received the 97D on the 14th,due to work just got to check it out today.Must say I am really impressed with how clear it is!! Very clear and bright through the whole power range,and I like the fast focus eyepiece.Now to get it put on rifle and some warmer weather to wring it out!!

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Just a quick update on the Mueller 97D.Got it mounted and sighted in using my favorite reduced load using blue dot and 50gr hornady sxsp.Have packed it around woods walking and plinking,even though it has been pretty cold.Have to say I am really impressed with the scope,really bright and clear.The 1/8 clicks are great and it responds like it should.After I workup a full power load I will do a box test and report how it does.
Up to now I am impressed enough to not only think of buying another Mueller scope,I will be in next month or two.Perhaps a tac II for the 22-250?Very likely!!

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds great, thanks for the update. ;)

Tim

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Well, I hope you guys are happy.
After reading about the 97D here, I ordered one. Mounted it last night on a Stevens 200 in 308.
The finish on this scope is really nice and the optics very clear. Hopefully tomorrow I can get to the range and see how it performs.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
;D
Tim; I can't give you a report yet !
Still waiting on my CZ 527 to return from CZ-USA. It's been over a month now. Had some bolt and magazine issues right out of the box. So until then, I get to read about ya'lls hunting and shooting enjoyment.

Larry
UPDATE Feb.29th, 08
I like this 97D Scope. It gives a bright crisp view. Sighted in my rifle, and did a little open field practice on these cardboard cutouts I made.

FourBee

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's ok, you won't be seeing any shooting reports from me either until spring green up, sometime in March I should get to the range, I've got several new rifles and a new pistol that are all virgins!! :eek: ;D ;)

Tim

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quick,
The APV and the 97D what are the improvements if any, other than power and price at EABCO the 97D is $ 159 at missu mule in anchorage the APV is $ 115 including free shipping and a sun shade. Today before I read this topic I bought a APV from MM. I guess I will findout.

45north

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
I bought the 97D right after Tim put out the post. $139.00 shade, covers, shipping
put it on a Handi 204 ruger, don't see how it could get any better if it was $500.00

1 - 20 of 22 Posts