Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Responsible experienced and successful 17 year old bow hunter turned away from purchasing new blank arrow shafts @ DICKS. Perhaps this is an old law but it's new to me. Customer had to go back with parent to make purchase.

·
Registered
19,178 Posts
That's stupid.
Until it's "armed" it just an aluminum tube. I don't shop at dicks.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Dick's management is afraid of King Andy. A couple a years ago, before the UnSafe act went into law. I went to buy two boxes of 22LR. The person at the register asked me to give them my date of birth (I'm now in my 60's). When I asked why, they said it was required by law. I made a big stink about Dick's making up laws arbitrarily instead of following the law, and asked for the store manager. when he came, I told him that the law did not require me to give him my DOB to buy ammo, just that I had to be of legal age. He said the UnSafe Act required it. I told him that the UNSafe act was not in effect until the following year. He backed down and sold me the ammo without me having to give them my DOB.

·
1,876 Posts
Dick's no longer received any business from me. It's a longer drive to Cabela's but I'll do it to avoid patronizing Dick's. If Dick's would have supported the Second Amendment, I'd still shop there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
829 Posts
DICKS...sounds like a good name for them !
Back when I lived in NaziJersey the local Dicks started requiring the showing of the states Firearm ID Card for the purchase of ANY ammo that could be used in a hand gun.

Was not the law then, but thanks to Dicks Sporting Goods, the Legislature decided it should be....... now it is......

Yes Ironglow, they have an appropriate name!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts