Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted a 10mm for some time now, and with the current state of the world I'm thinking now is a good time to pick one up. I've settled on a Glock 20 preferebly an SF, for those of you shooting 10mm what factory defensive loads shoot well? I've been told the 200 grain rounds shoot the best out of the Glock.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I've got several 10's, have been a fan for many years, being a re-loader I'm able to shoot as much as I want without the regular expense.
I use my G20 while hunting as defense against anything wanting to hurt me, I use Cor-Bon for the penetration, wouldn't work so well in personal defense around town but it's just the thing in the wild.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read that the Cor Bon round is good so thats good to hear, I do plan to also use it as a hunting sidearm and home defense more so than conceal carry. I have some 170 grain JHP's at 1200 fps on hand.

·
Premium Member
16,491 Posts
Yup, Had one (plus) since it was a thing!!

Pretty scarce for a long time ammo wise. But I havent bought factory ammo in a very long time. I reload my own.
Used to buy Winchester Sinker Tip Bullets and loved the 175g ST 10mm.Seated on top
Of a stiff charge of 800x or Bluedot I was moving them to full 10mm Ballistics.
Now a days mostly all NOE cast HP and LEE TC175's run thru my barrels.

CW

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, Had one (plus) since it was a thing!!

Pretty scarce for a long time ammo wise. But I havent bought factory ammo in a very long time. I reload my own.
Used to buy Winchester Sinker Tip Bullets and loved the 175g ST 10mm.Seated on top
Of a stiff charge of 800x or Bluedot I was moving them to full 10mm Ballistics.
Now a days mostly all NOE cast HP and LEE TC175's run thru my barrels.

CW
I've heard good things about the Winchester silvertip. I'll have to look around for some, 10mm is the only handgun round I see on the shelves all the time around here. And since I've always wanted one that kinda helps the decision making

·
Registered
143 Posts
I currently have a Rock Island in 10mm. Inexpensive, well made, fairly accurate, and so far has been trouble free.
It didnt like the Win silver tips but Hornady and Sierra work well. have about 150 rnds thru it so have a ways to go

JD

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I went and shot the glock 20 yesterday, very happy with it so far. I was able to make 3 shot groups touching at 10 yards. So it's accurate if I do my part.

·
Premium Member
16,491 Posts
My last was almost two years back. It was a G40. I have a early G20 and a G29 as well as a couple Delta Elite "1911's"

Yes I am a pretty big fan!!

I shoot mostly all cast Powdercoated bullets. But did very much like the old school Silver tips back when you could buy them ad a component.

I have been wanting a heavy HP 220+g. I bought as cast from a supplier couple years back and I like them. Blue Dot has then trucking 1150fps from the G29. Its a hammer and expands beautifully. My 200g WFP is my work horse.

CW

Reactions: sharpshooter97

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My last was almost two years back. It was a G40. I have a early G20 and a G29 as well as a couple Delta Elite "1911's"

Yes I am a pretty big fan!!

I shoot mostly all cast Powdercoated bullets. But did very much like the old school Silver tips back when you could buy them ad a component.

I have been wanting a heavy HP 220+g. I bought as cast from a supplier couple years back and I like them. Blue Dot has then trucking 1150fps from the G29. Its a hammer and expands beautifully. My 200g WFP is my work horse.

CW
Sounds like you have a nice collection of 10mm's, this is is my first but I already like it. The 20 is about the perfect size for an all purpose gun, I could see myself adding a 29 to my collection at some point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts