Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re: Any 6BR shooters?

I have a Ruger #1 custom, 26" varmint taper, shot a group under half inch, at 330 yds, avg .5moa or better

Killed my furthest deer at 400 yds, deadly accurate, and deadly killing.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts

There is a guy here at work that had a 6mm Norma BR built for his Encore. It was custom built and he has taken it to at least 1 bench rest shoot. I think he said he placed 5th out of 19 shooters. He can shoot it under 1/2" with boring regularity. He also used Lapua brass and is real fussy with his reloads. I think he said the gun weighs in at 13 pounds or so. There is no taper to the barrel at all. It is capable of good accuracy and can deliver a VLD bullet above the sound barrier at 1000 yards. I would think that it would be a capable deer killer out to maybe 300 yards or so with proper bullets and placement. Of course it will poleaxe any varmints out a long ways.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Got a tight-necked 6mmBR built on a blueprinted Savage action by Paul Dorsey that I've never got around to shooting. Best I can remember he put a Shilen 10-twist barrel on it, Remington style, and bedded it into a SSS stock. I need to save up for a 36x scope and go shoot that thing some time.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Boy, have you got self control!!!! If I had a new rifle sitting there like yours in that cartridge, I would probably pawn the first born to get a scope to see how it shoots. Good thing my first born is married and doesn't live with here anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts