Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Any experience with the new Mossberg Int. S

I recently had a chance to look over the new Silver Reserve. For the money, it sems like a very nice shotgun. I found the hinge action very, very tight. It may take some time to break the gun in. I like the fact you get several choke tubes with it, making it quite versatile. I like a mid bead on my ribs, but that could be added quite easily.

Do you know if they are available in a 30" barrel?

Apparently they are made for Mossberg, not by Mossberg.

· Registered
104 Posts

When you say that you hear rumour of Mossberg firing pins breaking, do you mean on the Silver Reserve models, or other Mossberg models?

The Silver Reserve is made by a turkish gun maker I have heard, Dehaan? Perhaps this problem is exclusive to thier pins?

Seems like a great deal on those O/U. I would buy one if I knew they could stand up to a good pounding. I shoot "a lot" of trap.

· Registered
104 Posts

TJP985

How do you find the gun patterns? Is it pretty flat shooting, or can you float a target? Much difference in the POI with the different barrels?

I saw a new one at the trap club the other weekend. Fellow who bought it seems very pleased.

Keep us posted with your critique of this gun...I might end up with one in my closet yet.... :)

· Registered
104 Posts
Re: silver reserve

Grumps said:
I just bought one and kinda sorta wish I hadn't. On mine the trigger sticks, the pheasant on the left side of the receiver has a mottled brown head and neck rather than solid gold, the safety and barrel selector is so stiff that I have to put an awful lot of muscle on it to change barrels or put the safety off to shoot and the trigger is about a 10 pounder, I mean really hard. But other than those things, it's ok. :noway:
Didn't you get a chance to look at the gun before buying it? Sounds like a few things mentioned would likely be covered by warranty. ie. sticky trigger, stiff barrel selector, gold leaf problem...

Do they have auto safety's on those guns, or can you leave it off? I shot a Ruger Red Label once, and it screwed me up bad with it's auto safety. (Trap shooting)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.