Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Nope...Like2hunt said he would give me a call tonite...or tommorrow...him and Ditchdigger was supposed to pull out at about 6am today...so I'll let you know ifin he calls...

Mac

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yu'd think one of them goofballs would have takina lap top????? i know deadeye told me he was leavein monday so hopfully hes there?

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well so would i but yu know what i mean , one out of that bunch couldnt leave civiliazation for that long, and any evening atthe hotel ??

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
I just talked to a few of the Handi-holics down at the PD shoot Like2hunt...Wes...mitchell...and everyone there is having a great time.The weather hasn't been the greatest...but is clearing up this morning.So-far...mitchell has the longest successful shot on a PD...get this...450 yards...yep...450 yards they used a range finder for the distance...and he used his handloads in his 204Ruger to do it...what a fine showing for our little inaccurate truck guns huh :eek:

I was told that there are a-lot of TALL TALES being told...and from what was said...our very own Greybeard is holding his own in a big way :) :)

Man...I sure wish I could have made it down there...ohh well...we will try next year......I'll be talking with them later tonite at their big B-B-Que and get-to-gether after todays shooting is all done...and I did remind them to take lots of pictures for us" holding down the fort"

Mac

·
Registered
151 Posts
If Mitchell hit a sod-poodle at 450 yards at his age, I can't wait to see how he does when he has had some time to practice. WOW.

·
Super Moderator
50,981 Posts
Wow!!!!! Thanks for the update Mac!!! :D

Tim

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
450 yards on a prairie dog!!! It's not only the .204, it's Mitchell!! Remember the gun only plays a small part in good shooting, without the shooter the gun is just an inanimate hunk of steel and wood. I wonder if he won the longest shot contest? I for one am proud of that young man!!!
One Shot - One Kill, Carry on!....<><.... :grin:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Man 450 yards thats crazy! :eek: Sure wish i could have made it this year. But there is always next year and i AM going. Maybe all of us east coast boys should put together a yote hunt for the fall.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
MSP Ret said:
450 yards on a prarie dog!!! It's not only the .204, it's Mitchell!! Remember the gun only plays a small part in good shooting, without the shooter the gun is just an inanimate hunk of steel and wood. I wonder if he won the longest shot contest? I for one am proud of that young man!!!
After speaking to him and Like2hunt tonite(10:30pm CST)...he is still holding on to that honor...and from the sound of it....they were having a great time...some of those guys were getting tired... and..some of our group was still partying...:toast: ..and a few were heading to the rack for sleep...Like2hunt and Ditchdigger will probably be heading home in the AM...and mitchell is unsure on his departure time.

They gave out all the door prizes and I'm sure someone will post a list of who won what when they all get back...1 surprise though...seems like ED at Gunstocks Inc...didn't send just 1 stock ...he sent 4 of them..." Way to go Ed.."...

There will be some shooting in the AM...just don't know a whole lot more... :-D

Sooo...look for those guys to fill everyone in on the whole thing...and hopefully post some pictures for us to see...

Mac

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I'll try to report on some of the things. I got a double and a triple the first day at 250 yds. ( Mitchell spoting for me) My Ultra 223 and the pet loads would'nt shoot worth a darn,but my marlin 917V was a lot of fun for everyone that shot it. Wes got PD's at 175 with it and Dan upped it to 200 yds. My 220 Swift made some spectacular shots with Mitchell doing the shooting and the jackrabbits just hated the Swift. Greybeards celebrety status preceded him,and very few pd's were coming up for him Fri. and Sat. I sure hope he has a better day today,for he has a very fine rifle,and lots of ammo to burn. You could go to events like this for a hundred yrs. and never find a better bunch of guy's to shoot with,and that is the %100 pure truth. Wes and G.B. are the greatest there is. I gota go read my new Sierra reloading book. :grin: :grin: :grin: Digger

·
Super Moderator
50,981 Posts
Thanks Digger!! Sounds like a great time was had by all!!

Tim

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
MSP Ret said:
450 yards on a prairie dog!!! It's not only the .204, it's Mitchell!! Remember the gun only plays a small part in good shooting, without the shooter the gun is just an inanimate hunk of steel and wood. I wonder if he won the longest shot contest? I for one am proud of that young man!!!

my head is swelling the size of this room but i hate to say it but it did take 5 shot to hit the one i shot the wind was heck on that 32 grain bullet .

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
one shot or 5 thats still a long ways to place a bullet glad yu guys had a ball glad yu all made it back safe also

1 - 20 of 28 Posts