Graybeard Outdoors banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Do you guys clean your BLR's from the muzzle or do you remove the bolt and carrier and clean from the breech? My old BLR has some real bad copper fouling and I need it gone. I am used to bolt guns and using a bore guide, I just don't want any of the junk from the barrel down in the action.

Thanks

I imagine it would be best to clean from the breach. If you have a cable cleaning system then you don't have to remove anything. Like a otis cleaning system with the cables. I cannot think of the other one right now.

A Hoppes "Bore Snake" perhaps? I use them in several calibers and they work well. I have a BLR in 7mm-08 and like it well enough but it looks a little fancy and shiny to take into the woods with me, the shiny wood, high gloss bue, gold trigger and all. It is a fine gun with great workmanship though and some day I just might take it out with me. All this reading about them kind of gets me wanting to shoot it and hunt it it....<><....:)

I looked at one with a VX3 scope on it at the gun shop for $800. I think its a good price for the new shape its in. I wish I had the money for it

Have one in 7mm-08 with a Nikon 1.5-4.5 power on it. Stock trigger not the best, but usable. I have considered trying to knock the high gloss down a bit, really shines in the sun. Darn thing is so pretty though I just can't bring myself to do it. Tim, I see you are all over the forums, you always have good advice for everything. DP.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.