Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my question are any of the AK's or the variants of the AK accurate. i know they aren't going to be as accurate as an AR and want one that is reasonably priced to. i am thinking 2" at 100yrds type accuracy from an AK. Also, has to be with factory or bulk amm since don't reload yet. this is mostly a curiousity question because still not sure if i want to get an AK but thought i would ask. any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Terry

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
Not sure youre gonna find an ak with a 2 inch group at 100 yds. i've shot em and have discovered that they meet the criteria that kalishnikov wanted, a dependable assault weapon that can sling a lot of lead down range quickly! "Minute of man" would be about all one could expect I figger. They do not come with windage adjustments! So you just gotta bracket the target i guess.

·
Registered
941 Posts
My Norinco is about 3" at 100 with a scope on it. It might be a bit better than that, but the trigger is sloppy. I have a friend that has a AK-74 (5.65x39) and it is surprisingly accurate. I'd put it up against my Colt M4 any day.

11/4/09 Edit: should read "(5.45x39)"

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
The only cheaper ones, the century wasr's aren't going to get you that. The more expensives ones will, but at that point why not spend the same money on something else.

If you want that accuracy out of a 7.62x39 you may want to consider an SKS.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The most accurate ak is a galil, then a saiga, then arsenal, then the chinese norinco/ polytech, then russian and finally what is popular on the shelves today from Egypt, Romania and the like. A lot of sks can do 2", Galil and saiga are about it for an AK, but that is if you get a very good shooter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.