Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm doing a 1/8 Tredegar that hopefully I can do a build thread on, but right behind it is a 1/8 scale 1860 Blakely variant I'm really looking forward to. I think I have the rifling and ammo figured out but time will tell. Will be going .45 caliber on that one, the Tredegar smoothbore is a 50.

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
Yes, Jeff Neff cannon maker in Idaho makes one. Jeff has a face book presence at Neff Cannons. He use to be a sponsor and a regular here. Haven't heard from him in a while. He brought his Ordnance rifle to one of the Cut Bank Cannon Conventions. Very nicely done gun with carriage.

Another that offered one was Kansas Cannon Works. They seem to be just gone.

Neff and Kansas were both up scaling to Green plans to one inch bore.

·
Registered
24 Posts
CCSteve sorry I didn't get to finish my comment to you, but after the first rifle gun I'll be doing an Ordnance rifle. I don't know what scale you're into but Hern cast our park cannon a few years back and it's a full scale 3 inch ordnance rifle. I think they make scale version but not sure.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Jack how about a small one to fit 1/4 or so scale carriages Mike Elledge makes? Inch bore preferred (actual bore 1-1/32")
That’s an interesting proposition, especially for someone who really likes 1 inch bore cannons. I would love to see something from Jack like that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here's a 1/3 scale (2 1/4") one I rebuild some years ago.
It's not 100% correct though.
The barrel is schedule 180 oil field pipe with a 4" sleeve on the back end.
The hardware was good, but the wood & wheels were trashed.
I re-did the carriage, and put 36" Amish wheels on it.

Attachments

Reactions: CCSteveL

·
7,295 Posts
2 1/4" bore sounds more like a 3/4 scale.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, Jeff Neff cannon maker in Idaho makes one. Jeff has a face book presence at Neff Cannons. He use to be a sponsor and a regular here. Haven't heard from him in a while. He brought his Ordnance rifle to one of the Cut Bank Cannon Conventions. Very nicely done gun with carriage.

Another that offered one was Kansas Cannon Works. They seem to be just gone.

Neff and Kansas were both up scaling to Green plans to one inch bore.
Did the kansas cannon works company ever resurface? different name, maybe? I have one of their mountain howitzers. The carriage wasn't very good and I replaced it. However, the cannon barrel is an awesome little machine. Be nice to get another gun.

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
No I haven't seen Kansas Cannon works back yet.

Google: Kansas Cannon Works

You will get a long hit list. some of those hits will contain contact info you can try and contact them. Most likely those links will be dead, but try anyway. Kansas Cannon Works used to be a regular seller at the Wannamaker Arm show in Tulsa, WANENMACHER'S TULSA ARMS SHOW That show is supposed to be a bucket list show.

Also,

Google: Neff Cannons.

I think Rick is still operating his Machine shop business, he just no longer has an internet presence. You can get his contact info from the hit list.

If you make contact with either party, give them our regards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts