Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Anybody heard of a 1914 Belgian Browning 22

Yes Robert 1914 was the first year of production for the belgian until 1976 then went to miruka japan. Nice little 22 rifle worth keeping they are not target grade rifles but are a joy to carry in the woods small game hunting vary quiet with the 22 shorts. You have a nice little rifle there. :D JIM

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know where I can find more info?

I'd like to learn a little more about it, but sources seem limited. I wouls also like to see if ther eis a way of dating it, if some of them HAVE dates, this one dosent. I just says 22 Short Smokeless, and Fabrique Nationale, Oh yeah, it says Browning Belgium.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts

Nice little rifles. I have never seen the short only version just the long rifle ones. I have heard that the early ones were set up on the receiver for scopes and the later ones were set up on the barrel as they found out with the take down feature a scope mounted on the receiver would not zero every time you took it apart and put it back together. Just what I have heard but it does make sense so it yours is set up with a receiver mount it would be a early one I would be guessing maybe some one else has more info if that is true or not. I do know all interchangable barrel systems today have the scopes mounted on the barrel, so what I said before makes sense. Jim

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I beleive this is one of the first ones.

Nothing for a scope, no dates, just says 22 Short smokeless. I DID find a serial number though. The top loding port is like a little dolphin hole.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts

Robert I got the 3 you sent me will let you know something in a couple days if possible. :D JIM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.