Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you use a ruger single six for hunting .How is it set up mine just plain Jane single six with a trigger job .I once had hogue grips on it but removed them like the factory look better

· Premium Member
874 Posts
Don't use a single six, but do have two Rugers set up for hunting.

First I have a Bisley BlackHawk in .45 Colt. I have it set up for a woods sidearm.

The second is a Super BlackHawk Hunter in .45 Colt with a Burris 2x handgun scope installed.

The SBH will go into the woods this year.

Last year I downed two does with a S&W 629 Classic and a 2x Leupold scope at 45 yards.

I really love handgun hunting and will be doing it for as long as I can!!! :wink:

· Registered
15 Posts
Right now I handgun hunt with a Ruger MKIII. However I plan to get a Ruger New Model Single Six in 17hmr/17mach2 and use that for hunting small game and varmints.
I have 17hmr in my CZ rifle and love its accuracy. It shoots far fewer "fliers" than the 22lr, it seems.
Deb

· Registered
466 Posts
I have a 6.5" stainless that I bought in 1977. I have carried it in the woods more than any other handgun I own. The only thing I have done to it is a trigger job and I replaced the gripframe with a Super Blackhawk gripframe. It balances out the longer barrel and looks good too.

· Registered
2,250 Posts
I have a 5.5 inch I bought in 1973. I dont think a pickup truck would haul the bullets I have put through it. I have taken a lot of game with it and shot several hogs using the magnum cylinder. They were in large pens and I would take the head shot. It is a gun I own that is not for sale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.