Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two in Remington 30-06 and have been thinking of re-barreling one of them, but just cant stand the thought of taking a good barrel off a straight shooting rifle. But just recently, I found that both of these are the original military barrels with the odd left-hand twist, I figure it might be worth something to somebody, and could find a good home. I would feel alot better that way, and it could help finance my re-barreling cost. Both barrels are tack-drivers. On is 23&1/4 and the other is 20&1/4, I figure it was cut and re-crowned due to the crown being worn out from the steel cleaning rods. Anyway... does anyone know of anywhere I can find someone who might need one of these barrels?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Robert,
Are we talking about 1917 American Enfield's in .30-06? Inquisitive minds just want to know...........

savageT

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
I have a friend with a P17. He's in the same fix, can't find a lot of info. He'd like to find a site that is gun specific, but can't. He just bought one (still '06), would like to find out about it.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
John Y Cannuck said:
I have a friend with a P17. He's in the same fix, can't find a lot of info. He'd like to find a site that is gun specific, but can't. He just bought one (still '06), would like to find out about it.
You can go to gunboards.com they have a "US Weapons Forum" there are some great minds there too lots of information they can help you out.
BigBill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts