Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep your distance, what you came for was bought up, dirty looks over the cotton mask for whatever reason (apparently they don’t realize it is as worthless as used toilet paper), no solid counting on any front of this propaganda errr virus, erosion of rights, government overreach and abuse of self appointed power, cowardly individuals around you, stares but no balls to express themselves, lack of work to support your family, did I mention abuse of lack of power granted by the fools who deserve no freedom? Add to this list as it should be long...

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
Well the me too movement brought us having to ask a lady friend if we could enter her space, COVID-19 brought us having to hug her at arms length (Smile) my arms ain't that long and too old now any way.

Deaconllb

·
Super Moderator
51,061 Posts
Wearing a mask isn't necessarily for protecting the wearer, but it will help reduce their spreading infectious spittle in the form of droplets from their mouth/nose when talking, coughing or sneezing. An infected person can infect others long before the infected person knows they're infected due to the 2-14 day incubation period and that's not counting those that are asymptomatic, not wearing a masking endangers others, you're just a Typhoid Mary.

Tim

https://www.inverse.com/mind-body/video-shows-how-far-droplets-spray

·
22,508 Posts
yes sir something the simple minded and "you cant tell me what to do" children on the playground cant seem to wrap there brains around. Your doing it more for the other guy then you are for yourself and if everyone did it any doctor would tell you that it will cut down cases. But then theres people here and all over the country that think they know more about infectious diseases then a doctor that has spent his life studying them. Listening to them is about like going to a butcher to ask his advice on how to fix the space shuttle. But that playground banter does give them the rare opportunity to think there brave and a bad a##! To me its kind of like throwing your helmet and flak jacket away and standing up behind cover. Looks awful impressive to someone that doesn't know your just a dumb a##. Heck actors do it on tv every day.
Wearing a mask isn't necessarily for protecting the wearer, but it will help reduce their spreading infectious spittle in the form of droplets from their mouth/nose when talking, coughing or sneezing. An infected person can infect others long before the infected person knows they're infected due to the 2-14 day incubation period and that's not counting those that are asymptomatic, not wearing a masking endangers others, you're just a Typhoid Mary.

Tim

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
We have masks, we have not been sick, and we have not been using them.

We do wash our hands a lot more and at the grocery store I wipe my cart handle down 3 times before I touch it.
I keep my distance. I accept that their concerns may not be identical with mine.

I follow directions and do what I can for my part.

Thus far we have come through unscathed.

My worry is that all those who are self isolated because they tested positive, or had symptoms, or had contact with those who did will think that they too are free.

And if that happens we'll see another big spike and another slamming of the door. Time will tell.

I think virtually every one in the media should be stood against a wall and shot for fear mongering and anti American activities.

Sweden did very little, did not shut down everything, practiced some common sense precautions and did not loose 5, 10 or 15 times as many people as Norway that did shut down.

That being said I do think there are some strains of this bug which are much worse. New York got one of those as did Italy and spain, Neitherlands.

But this is not over yet, it is out in the wild and mutating. We could see the Zombie Apocalypse yet as a result of this.

·
Super Moderator
10,924 Posts
This Constitution shredding lock down is an infringement on my Rights - your Rights - our Rights. You have been manipulated to be scared under the guise of "health care". Shutting EVERYTHING down was ABSURD. KEEPING it shut down is LUDICROUS. Look THROUGH the health care rhetoric. What is, and isn't, going on? On the face of it, people are dying, not from a lack of health care, though they are being counted that way; by theft of DIGNITY, through bankruptcy, prevention from earning a living, no money = no food = (for some) starvation; no money = no rent = no security = pressure, stress, anger, frustration, and soon survival instinct. More will die. People are scared and have been manipulated, so easily, into being scared. Look how fast everyone bought into the scare and took cover. No one asked why. They did what Lemmings do.

STOP BEING TOLD WHAT TO THINK.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Government says to "stay in your house", but says "get outside and exercise and get some sunshine" - and then closes the national, state, and local parks! Want to go fishing, but need a pole and some lures? No problem, go to Walmart and mingle with the crowds and pick up what you need - but the local bait shop has to remain closed!

Want to find out how this plandemic is progressing? Just flip thru the channels until you find the numbers you like, they're all different and change minute by minute according to the agenda of the person reporting them. Want to learn more about this C-19 virus? Again, just pick your "expert", none of them agree.

Just heard the Scarf Lady last night say "We're learning as we go"!! WHAT????? She is supposed to be an "expert" on infectious diseases!!! I guess she doesn't know any more than I do because we're "both learning as we go"!

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Tim

Problem as I see it is that most people are wearing a mask to protect themselves... They don’t know...

·
Registered
768 Posts
We have been as isolated as we can do which from looks of neighbors we are doing heckava lot more than they are and they have kids. Friends over playing ball, family over for dinners. WTH? We haven't been out for 4 weeks. I needed some bolts to finish a project so went to Ace with mask and nitrile gloves on. Signs all over, maintain 6' distancing, wear mask, no more than 20 in store. BS - more than 30 in store, nobody wearing masks except me, and when I am in bolt aisle, 3 bozos drop in and stand right next to me shoulder to shoulder. So instead of saying something that I know would start something that I would have to finish, I left aisle until they left. Older gent from Ace, no mask, comes over really close to me inside even normal spacing that makes folks uncomfortable and asks if I need help and then starts coughing. WTH again! Jumped away and he says "don't worry I don't have the virus" which I respond "you are absolutely clueless". So here I am almost 70 retired as Dir of Environmental Health and Safety for a 100B global company, 40+ years in the field, certified professional auditor in Environmental, Safety, Occupational Health, and quite a few more other areas and I am seeing dumbest, clueless, careless, mind numbing actions of people completely ignoring requirements, self preservation is not even thought of, heck, pure Darwinism at work. I have multiple Pandemic training scenarios from past Avian flu, SARS, H1N1 and so on and what I am watching at government level is ludicrous. NOBODY wants to make the hard decisions WHEN they needed to be made. The masks are nice touch but folks will believe they are now invincible and assume they are HEPA rated negative pressure respirators and are safe. Grocery stores is most definitely the biggest potential risk of exposure and there should have been requirements in place 8 weeks ago when we had a chance to mitigate some exposures. Queen Whitmer of MI decisions on what is essential, what is acceptable recreation, what is acceptable medical treatment is beyond head scratching. That is another lengthy discussion but I would likely lose my decorum on her mindless decisions.

I truly don't see this dropping off based upon the totally inept governments advisors that we have in place along with a population that doesn't believe how deadly this virus is and will be. Heck, there was a dad in the store with a young girl maybe 8-9 years old. He had a mask on and she did not because it wouldn't fit. I watched him outside of door and heard him say. Don't worry, it will be ok as he walks in with a mask and she doesn't. She is visibly terrified and yet this moron takes her into the store. I bet she sleeps like a baby huh?

So that was my one and only and last foray into Disneyland of moronic behavior during this Pandemic and I am glad we have plenty of freezer to feed us.

But I am thinking of having a T-shirt made that says:

Social Distancing is 6'; if I can put my size 15 boot up your ass, you are too close!

I bet I can sell them, what say you?

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
We have been as isolated as we can do which from looks of neighbors we are doing heckava lot more than they are and they have kids. Friends over playing ball, family over for dinners. WTH? We haven't been out for 4 weeks. I needed some bolts to finish a project so went to Ace with mask and nitrile gloves on. Signs all over, maintain 6' distancing, wear mask, no more than 20 in store. BS - more than 30 in store, nobody wearing masks except me, and when I am in bolt aisle, 3 bozos drop in and stand right next to me shoulder to shoulder. So instead of saying something that I know would start something that I would have to finish, I left aisle until they left. Older gent from Ace, no mask, comes over really close to me inside even normal spacing that makes folks uncomfortable and asks if I need help and then starts coughing. WTH again! Jumped away and he says "don't worry I don't have the virus" which I respond "you are absolutely clueless". So here I am almost 70 retired as Dir of Environmental Health and Safety for a 100B global company, 40+ years in the field, certified professional auditor in Environmental, Safety, Occupational Health, and quite a few more other areas and I am seeing dumbest, clueless, careless, mind numbing actions of people completely ignoring requirements, self preservation is not even thought of, heck, pure Darwinism at work. I have multiple Pandemic training scenarios from past Avian flu, SARS, H1N1 and so on and what I am watching at government level is ludicrous. NOBODY wants to make the hard decisions WHEN they needed to be made. The masks are nice touch but folks will believe they are now invincible and assume they are HEPA rated negative pressure respirators and are safe. Grocery stores is most definitely the biggest potential risk of exposure and there should have been requirements in place 8 weeks ago when we had a chance to mitigate some exposures. Queen Whitmer of MI decisions on what is essential, what is acceptable recreation, what is acceptable medical treatment is beyond head scratching. That is another lengthy discussion but I would likely lose my decorum on her mindless decisions.
You should be glad people are going on with their lives... With all of that training you should know that the only way this virus is going to go away is if most of the population is exposed to it. The at risk should stay home and let the rest of us deal with it. Most are asymptomatic anyway!

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I truly don't see this dropping off based upon the totally inept governments advisors that we have in place along with a population that doesn't believe how deadly this virus is and will be. Heck, there was a dad in the store with a young girl maybe 8-9 years old. He had a mask on and she did not because it wouldn't fit. I watched him outside of door and heard him say. Don't worry, it will be ok as he walks in with a mask and she doesn't. She is visibly terrified and yet this moron takes her into the store. I bet she sleeps like a baby huh?

So that was my one and only and last foray into Disneyland of moronic behavior during this Pandemic and I am glad we have plenty of freezer to feed us.

Social Distancing is 6'; if I can put my size 15 boot up your ass, you are too close!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety...

·
Premium Member
9,760 Posts
Government and media when Covid19 started: Don't wear a mask in public, they're not effective.

Government and media now: You must wear a mask in public.

Were they lying when Covid19 started or are they lying now?

·
Registered
768 Posts
This isn't about giving up liberty since I am totally against government so called actions to mitigate this Pandemic. This is about individuals who are actually infringing upon the safety of others with their own carelessness. I am NOT saying government needs to step in but saying individuals need to recognize their actions are potentially dangerous to others. We don't need any government to control our lives, we just need more common sense in the measures we can take at this time to lessen the impact of the disease. When you see a Dad callous to his daughter's safety, you just wonder what the heck are we thinking? If you believe what that CA Councilman recently stated that the disease will do what natures does every day. Kills off the weak, the infirmed, the elderly, homeless and even the less healthy young so what it is the big deal, then go about your life with blinders on. We can do better for each other if we take some reasonable measures, that's all I am saying. Nobody is taking your right to do what you want when you want but just be more cautious.

A Pandemic is not the flu. This is a disease for which we do not have any cure or mitigation for it. It is a tidal wave of illness that cannot be contained or controlled by any government or the people. The only means we have to address a Pandemic is to lessen its total mortality. We can do a lot better if we all take common sense measures. The mask is just a simple means of HOPING it will lessen the chance of transfer since people are going to go out and do whatever they want to do at this time. It may or may not help since if a person coughs, the viral particles will pass through a simple cloth mask. Simple physics and not anything earth shattering in medical field or anyone from industrial hygiene background. A mask may help in reducing the large particles of spittle which can be transferred by touch from where it landed. SO basically controlling a hawker, ugh.

A Pandemic really comes down to what a society is willing to accept in mortality. Are we willing to accept 100,000? 200,000? 500,000? 1M? Then again our society is willing to accept 500,000 each year from smoking, 750,000 unborn children, so what are willing to accept? And yes, this virus has this capability especially if we return to group gatherings and because we are a wide open transient society unlike anywhere in the world so it will be very difficult to manage unless we all take some common sense measures for ourselves and family.

·
Premium Member
9,760 Posts
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

·
Registered
997 Posts
It appears to me that the flu is much more dangerous than this new garbage. As I understand it only .1% of the people infected have died and most of those were older people that had other life treating problems. Hospitals seem to get paid for COVID death's so it seem's to not matter what the cause of death was, COVID is blamed for it! I really believe that this is a liberal attempt to do in Trump. For an assumed problem that has killed about .1% of the people that got it, our economy has gone to h*ll. How come industry giants are allowed to keep doors open but not the little guy's? Because the giants donate huge sum's of money to democraps!

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
I was just in Farm and Fleet, by far the most masks I've seen to date. I would say about 80% of people had them on. Now take it for what it is, this store is very close to Madison, Wisconsin - extreme liberal zone. I did not have one on, nor will I as I do not believe in the road we are taking. I keep my distance from people, but that is the extent of my effort. Talked with an old farmer who didn't have on one on either, he just chuckled and said look at all these sheep running around the store... I smiled and agreed as we both got a nasty look from a typical Madison tree hugger who had a snot rag tied around her head.

·
Premium Member
9,760 Posts
It appears to me that the flu is much more dangerous than this new garbage. As I understand it only .1% of the people infected have died and most of those were older people that had other life treating problems. Hospitals seem to get paid for COVID death's so it seem's to not matter what the cause of death was, COVID is blamed for it! I really believe that this is a liberal attempt to do in Trump. For an assumed problem that has killed about .1% of the people that got it, our economy has gone to h*ll. How come industry giants are allowed to keep doors open but not the little guy's? Because the giants donate huge sum's of money to democraps!
My girlfriend is an ER nurse at our local hospital. Last week a patient who was Covid19 positive died from another health issue that was unrelated to Covid19. My girlfriend asked one of the doctors if that patient's death is added to the Covid19 death toll. He told her yes, they are mandated to report it as a Covid19 death.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You should be glad people are going on with their lives... With all of that training you should know that the only way this virus is going to go away is if most of the population is exposed to it. The at risk should stay home and let the rest of us deal with it. Most are asymptomatic anyway!

Bingo.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think the whole world has gone NUTS with this corroded-virus thing. Give me a break!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts

You seem very concerned for your medical safety, and seem to have a lot of training in virology and pandemic planning, yet you are willing to risk your life for a handful of bolts. Then have the audacity to complain and call names anyone who doesn't have the same level of concern as you? Me thinks thou dost complain too loudly.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts