Graybeard Outdoors banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
This is all a drill for the real pandemic that is coming.

The Globalist's are taking careful notes of what works, how long people can be forced to self isolate, and how to turn the USA from a producing country to a consuming only country.

The mortality rate on the next one is going to be way way higher. Think worse than Ebola.

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
Y'all really don't think it can be both? It has to be either a virus, or a power grab, but not both?

Was 9/11 a terrorist attack, or a power grab, or both?

Personally I have not found that increasing the size of a group of people makes them smarter; in fact they get dumber, and more greedy. Especially when they hold political office. So I am fairly certain what we have here is a no-kidding virus, that is potentially fatal for vulnerable people (many on GBO like old smokers, or with diabetes or a heart condition) ... AND we have hordes of stupid greedy people with some level of power that are expanding their power. It may look like one thing to those of us on the receiving end, but that in no way shape or form means its coordinated on the sending end.

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
Rest assured, the Pill Pushers will come up with something else, even a placebo, to placate the masses. Sad though that hospitals rolled patients with the sniffles into ICU's, placed them on ventilators, and padded their numbers to Medicare and the Media.
I'm not talking about COVID-19. Its been well documented that China intentionally flooded the US with faulty medical equipment, sometimes intentionally, in the wake of COVID-19

I'm talking about the fact that Hubei province was our primary source of all manner of medications unrelated to viruses, to include antibiotics. And Hubei is the primary source of ingredients used by India to make the next significant chunk of our medicines. There are shortages of critical medicines because previous administrations made us dependent on China for them. But these are not placebos, or vaccines - these are the kinds of things many folks on GBO take for blood pressure, diabetes, heart conditions, etc.

Sure a lifetime of healthier living probably would've mitigated the dependency as well, but with an aging American population, and the world's largest consumers of medicines to live longer lives, there is a real dependency there. I'd like to see us become self-sufficient pharmaceutically, even if that means we have to limit prescriptions to match our production.

·
23,845 Posts
We absolutely need to divest ourselves of so-called friends, that are not.
The Chinese virus, and Chinas reaction, is a perfect example.

But on the other hand, supposedly freedom loving, Bible believing, gun toting Americans, folded like a paper napkin when told to go home, and abandoned their own livelihoods because the government said to.

AND! They still are obeying orders from state governments to sacrifice their jobs, and way of life.

Those who opted for the common sense approach, were and are chastised for it.

We are now at government induced "depression level" unemployment, and the population even on GBO argument is "don't take your guns to the protest it looks bad".

Don't make the 2nd Amendment look bad, while unemployment is at 15%, and predicted to soon hit 20%.

Food lines not seen since the 1930s, homes lost thru default by order of state governments, and the concern is folks protesting shouldn't openly carry guns.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
We absolutely need to divest ourselves of so-called friends, that are not.
The Chinese virus, and Chinas reaction, is a perfect example.

But on the other hand, supposedly freedom loving, Bible believing, gun toting Americans, folded like a paper napkin when told to go home, and abandoned their own livelihoods because the government said to.

AND! They still are obeying orders from state governments to sacrifice their jobs, and way of life.

Those who opted for the common sense approach, were and are chastised for it.

We are now at government induced "depression level" unemployment, and the population even on GBO argument is "don't take your guns to the protest it looks bad".

Don't make the 2nd Amendment look bad, while unemployment is at 15%, and predicted to soon hit 20%.

Food lines not seen since the 1930s, homes lost thru default by order of state governments, and the concern is folks protesting shouldn't openly carry guns.
Grandpa used to say that a bull that is backed into a corner is a dangerous bull that is apt to fight back. However a smarter bull will fight before you get him in that corner. He will keep it on his terms. The guns at at the state capitals are being carried by guys resistant to being cornered......as it should be!:tango_face_wink:

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Grandpa used to say that a bull that is backed into a corner is a dangerous bull that is apt to fight back. However a smarter bull will fight before you get him in that corner. He will keep it on his terms. The guns at at the state capitals are being carried by guys resistant to being cornered......as it should be!:tango_face_wink:
Unfortunately it never works out well for the smarter bull. He is either brought into submission with a 2x4 or shipped, too dangerous to keep a bull around that does only what it wants to do. The government knows this as well...

·
23,845 Posts
Grandpa used to say that a bull that is backed into a corner is a dangerous bull that is apt to fight back. However a smarter bull will fight before you get him in that corner. He will keep it on his terms. The guns at at the state capitals are being carried by guys resistant to being cornered......as it should be!
Unfortunately it never works out well for the smarter bull. He is either brought into submission with a 2x4 or shipped, too dangerous to keep a bull around that does only what it wants to do. The government knows this as well...
Well, it doesn't seem that the government will need their metaphoric 2×4 does it?

The bulls have been properly re-identified as steers and cows, and will docilly be herded anywhere they are directed. 😉

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, it doesn't seem that the government will need their metaphoric 2×4 does it?

The bulls have been properly re-identified as steers and cows, and will docilly be herded anywhere they are directed. 😉
Exactly.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts

Even though somewhat true and not funny. I laughed my ass off.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
The bull could run right through that 2x4 anytime he wants......and sometimes they do!

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I've not seen on that even on a Holstein bull, maybe a 2x4 fence.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
The bull could run right through that 2x4 anytime he wants......and sometimes they do!
An interesting event;
Way back in the 70s and 80s when I was building silos, I was working on a "show farm", owned by a wealthy industrialist. This farm specialized in Shorthorn cattle. They had two breeding bulls on that farm, one a blue roan the other a strawberry roan.
The farm foreman said they weighed right around 2500# each, and the artificial breeder firm came by each week to harvest semen.

Those bulls were usually kept in steel pipe pens in the barn, although they had about a half acre exercise yard, where they alternatively were allowed to exercise. That yard consisted of railroad tie uprights, set in concrete...spiked to the inside, were rails.. 2x6 planks..3 layers..and it passed by our silo site by about 10 feet.

On our third day there, we started work about daybreak. My scaffold man and I had just started setting staves up top, while my ground man Keith was hooking staves, paying little attention to the blue roan bull in the exercise yard.

We had only been stacking staves for about 10 minutes, when that bull decided he didn't want to stay in that yard on that morning, so not far from the silo, he put his head under the bottom rail and lifted. It looked as easy as you or I pulling up a zipper.. all 3 planks flipped free !

Keith jumped into the bottom door of the silo..so he was OK..and as boss, I was starting to consider what my next move was....

No, about 35 yards from us, there was a house where one of the older farmhands lived, who probably should have retired long ago.

It was almost immediate..that farmhand's elderly wife came out of the back door with her broom.. Swinging that broom as if she were Mickey Mantle, she drove that 2500"# bull right into his penin the barn and closed the gate!

It was only then, that we 3 big , tough silo builders, ventured down out of our half constructed silo, for a drink of water ! :tango_face_surprise :tango_face_wink: :tango_face_grin:

·
23,845 Posts
Sounds like they put the boards on the wrong side of the posts.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Sounds like they put the boards on the wrong side of the posts.
I don't think so Dee..if the planks were nailed to the outside, a push would dislodge them. On the inside, a push wouldn't help, and a lift would still require a shearing action.

..But it was about a month later, when we got some bad news from that farm, concerning those bulls.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
That is what they make electric fences for, one strand around the inside of that fence and he would be much more respectful of it. Most breeds are pretty docile, even the bulls. They make a lot of noise and paw at the ground, but "usually" all show. The caveat would be cows in heat and something separating or challenging them. Dairy bulls that are kept in small pens on the end of the barn from all of the cows can get pretty snotty though...

21 - 36 of 36 Posts