Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Pack Rifle?

R. Tillery: when you say 'Pack Rifle', what barrel length are you talking about? I have an older Saddle Ring Carbine with a 20" barrel (I believe) - is this what you are referencing?? If so, I love it - easy to carry and shoulder, accurate to beyound a good sight picture, stuff 6 in the tube and one in the chamber and you can go all week. Mikey.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone got a Winchester '94 .30-30 'Pack Ri

Apparently, Winchester's 'Pack Rifle' was a limited run item. It had a 16-inch barrel and half-tube. SGN still has them.

·
Registered
37 Posts

I have a pack rifle in 30/30. I really like the style. However mine snaps sometimes. I sent it back and they said they "polished the firing pin. However it still snaps sometimes(light primer hit). I may try a new firing pin to see if that fixes the problem. If not I'll just sell it and by a marlin.
PS My old pre-64 94 in 30/30 eats everything I put in it. :shock: :shock: :roll:

·
Registered
547 Posts

R. Tillary, I don't have a Win. Pack Rifle ...But I do have a Marlin Spikehorn and have nuth'in but praises for it! :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.