Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Tikka Varmint rifle, in .22-250. It extracts fine, but does not kick the cases out of the rifle very well. Most of the time the empty lands on the next round in the mag well. I bought this rifle new, and it has probably 50 rounds thru it, mostly in load development off the bench. But some out shooting at coyotes.

ANy advice?

·
3,205 Posts
Anyone have ejection trouble with their Tik

I have never had a problem with my Tikka, nor has anyone that I know (4 other guys). The guy to talk to is Gunnut 69. That guy knows ALOT about rifles. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts

I have a Tikka Laminated Stainless in .25-06 and never had any problems. (I also have a Tikka Stainless Synthetic in .243 on the way.) In fact, I am very surprised to hear that you are having problems. All Tikkas are tested before they leave the factory. I'm very confused. :?

Zachary

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

That's why it's irritating to have the problem. I am using Remington brass that I bought new, and the loads are not near the max (39 gr H380 w/ 55 psp bullet). Perhaps there is some crud under the ejector button that is hanging up the button. Is your ejector button relatively easy to push in and out?

TOm

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts

Unfortunatly, I'm at the office. I'll have to go home and take a look at it.

Zachary

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

So am I, and so will wait until this evening.

Thanks, Tom

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts

Tom,

Sorry for the delay but I have been in Court almost all week. I checked my Tikka and yes, my ejection button is relatively easy to push in and out.

I tell ya, every time I work that bolt I still can't believe how much quality is in this rifle! :-D

Zachary

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the info. I think I will try lubing the ejection button with a little Kroil, and work it back and forth a little bit. It may have some crud in it.

Thanks, and I will post results.

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts