Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a CCTV system, or had one until lightning struck the house last week. We lost the TV, DVD, Cable, Phone, Roku and Oui game box. And most important to me the DVR for the CCTV system. It was a Samsung SDR5001N 16 channel unit, no word on the cameras yet. I want to replace it with something similar if not identical. Anybody here understand the ins and outs of these things and could recommend one over another?

·
Registered
9 Posts
So sorry to hear about the damage. I work for a local electronics company and we see similar things on a regular basis. A good company that I recommend for price/quality is Night Owl. They have pretty good cameras/dvrs, great remote viewing/control apps for mobile devices, and are fairly inexpensive. For a 16 channel DVR might want to check out this guy http://www.amazon.com/Night-Owl-Security-Channel-System/dp/B00V4AAF8W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1447548275&sr=8-4&keywords=night+owl . Also stay away from anything by Revo, its mostly crap.

·
24,482 Posts
I've got the same problem with Dish Net. It's covered but they can't get out here for two weeks :mad:
Where Direct is saying they can be out here in one day and change out the entire system at no cost.
I wonder if Dish is going to credit my bill for half a month?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts