·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS, a couple of good links there.

I have 3 Ruger #1's - 458WM, 405Win and .375 Ouch and Ouch.

The 405 is recent - in order to compete in ASSRA matches - .40 cal or over with IRON sights. Wanted something with a little less recoil than the .458.

Haven't any brass yet. Just collecting info. Need to make a mould as well.

Might get a hiwall someday.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Cat said:
THANKS, a couple of good links there.

I have 3 Ruger #1's - 458WM, 405Win and .375 Ouch and Ouch.

The 405 is recent - in order to compete in ASSRA matches - .40 cal or over with IRON sights. Wanted something with a little less recoil than the .458.

Haven't any brass yet. Just collecting info. Need to make a mould as well.

Might get a hiwall someday.
Your welcome.

There is an article by Barsness on handloading the No 1 in 405 WCF. From mild to wild loads although the original ballistics are pretty good some feel the need to soup them up. I like the 28 grain 5744.

You make your own molds? I am envious, my home machine shop dissolved in a divorce and I have not yet to replace it.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just starting on moulds. I've done a couple in 1" for a cannon for a friend. Will likely do a couple in 10ga for my double and then move to 20ga for my NEF fully rifled single shot. THEN to the stuff I really want to do in .45, .44, .40, .375 and smaller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.